cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC TO SOAP Scenario

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently doing a RFC to SOAP  scenario. Now, for the physical connectivity with SAP R/3 with SAP PI,

I am creating a RFC destination in SM59. Now, my question here is that whether we require to create a TCP/IP connection

only(Type T) or can we create a ABAP connection(Type 3). I am trying this method as because while creating a TCP/IP connection

I require a Program ID, now the basis has created same name for Program-id for SAP R/3 as well as SAP PI even Gateway Host and Gateway Service as well.

So, I believe I am not able to create the RFC Destination correctly using TCP/IP(Type T). Please let me know your concerns on this.

Regards,

Roshan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, what is the connection test in SM59 from ERP system telling you?

For RFC sender we normally use type T. Make certain the program ID listed in SM59 Technical Settings tab matches what you called it in the PI RFC Sender channel. Make sure you activate and start the channel in PI before trying the connection test in the ERP (I think this registers the Program ID)

Last bit of advice, watch the unicode setting in your RFC destination, a mismatch between systems can cause some strange errors.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan

The following  might help you

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/RFCtoSOAP/page1.htm

Regards

Gagandeep

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your basis already created Program ID then that is enogh, Enter Application server , Application server service gat way details along with Program ID.

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your response but the problem we believe lies in the that there are two program-id

for ex: A1(Both)
      RFC Server Hostname:

B1(For R/3)

B2(For SAP PI)

IP-Address:

11.**.**.121

11.**.**.122

Gateway host:

C1(For R/3)

C1 (For SAP PI)

Gateway Service:

D1(For R/3)

D1 (For SAP PI)

This is what our basis has configured. is it correct?

Regards,

Roshan

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes correct. are you facing any issue while connecting to ECC , enter required details in RFC sender channel and execute job to push FRC function module. I think it should work,