cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropship Returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I have a new business requirement and need your help on this.

Our company has drop ship process. A customer orders a material and our company creates a  PR and PO to a thrid party vendor. The Vendor manufactures and ships it to the customer directly and sends the bill to our company. This process is working fine.

Problem comes when the customer returns the material. It is going back to the Vendor wareshouse instead of our company warehouse.

Is there any config i can do in SAP to bring the material back to our warehouse and increase the inventory when the customer returns these dropship orders?

Please guide me

Thanks

Venkata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This widely discussed topic and you can find many related threads, if you use search term, "third party return".

Kindly check those and come up with specific queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I did check for it. but no thread has explained how the 3rd party returns works. Please share if you find any and that will help me.

The question i have here is, when i create a return for the 3rd party sales the inventory should be update in our warehouse inventory. It is not explained any where.

I tried this in our system. I am able to create the returns and delivery and post goods receipt.

I am able to see movement type 651 but the invetory is not updated for that material.

Thanks

Venkata

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Please refer this link FYI

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1857013

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a return order using the actual order.

In the return order type in VOV8, update the correct shipping condition for which the plant is determined as the plant where you want the materials to be received.

If this shipping condition is maintained, then using the shipping condition and loading group, the plant of your warehouse will be determined in the sales order.

Once this configuration is enabled, then GR will always happen in your plant and not in Vendor's plant.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this shipping condition is maintained, then using the shipping condition and loading group, the plant of your warehouse will be determined in the sales order.

"The plant" shall not be determined instead the shipping point shall be determined.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops

Thanks for pointing that out TW.. (I think basics need to be honed up)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the customer returns the material, you could use the standar Return process without reference.

RE order (without reference) > LR > RE credit memo