cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a SAP backend, 4.63. This is not built upon WAS and therefore it is a problem to make Web Services of the functionality in this system.

Question:

Can I set up a WAS on a separate server. Create Java classes that communicate with the 4.63 system through JCO and BAPIS and then make Web Services out of the Java classes?

Is this possible, can you recommend this scenario?

Best Regards// -Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

The way you described is a possible solution. If I were in your place, I would have done following -

1. Simply develope function modules (RFC enabled) on R3 46 version to meet my functional requirement.

2. On a separate WAS system, create a function module with the same interface (lets call it proxy) as the one created on R3 46 version.

3. Inside this (proxy) function module call the function module from R3 46 version using RFC.

This (proxy) function module can be called as web service because this is built on WAS. This approach gives me following advantages -

1. My business logic is encapsulated at one place.

2. When I upgrade from R3 46 version to R3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP in near future, I can simply get rid of this additional WAS system.

Hope this answers you query.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can install WAS remotely, using webdynpros you can dovleop wesevices

flllow the link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq

How to access an email Web Service?

How to access the Car Rental Web Service?

hope this helped you

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

You can do this the way you describe. But why don't you use XI. With XI you define a webservice from a RFC to the backend 4.6 system?

Best regards,

Alwin