cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo data source issues MII12.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of setting up the PCo data source in MII and it is asking for the URL to connect to PCo.  So I plugged in http://<SERVER>:<PORT>/PCoManagement and tried http://<SERVER>:<PORT>/PCoManagement?WSDL In both cases the port was 1000 for the PCo instance.  It either runs forever without success or it gives me an error.  I think the error is when I do not have the PCo agent running so my issue is that it never completes successfully. Can anyone refer me to a guide to setting the data source up and f anyone has encountered this issue, what was done to resolve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is appears that there is a Net Tcp Port Sharing that needs to be set.  I am used to using the below command and I forgot to do this.  I ran this and it was successful, and  restarted services for it.  The main issue I think is the service for ManagementHost and I get an error (see below).  Any suggestions or documents to correct this?

sc.exe config NetTcpPortSharing start= auto

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There should be an error in the windows logs/system folder saying something similar to the following:

"The SAP Plant Connectivity (ManagementHost) service depends the following service: HTTPFilter. This service might not be installed."

However, this is a dependency with a service that no longer exists within IIS7. HTTP SSL was an IIS6 supporting service, and no one can find that within Server 2008-based IIS installations. For IIS7, the HTTPFilter is a core component, not a service.

As I was saying earlier, you will have to remove the bad dependencies from the windows registry and it'll start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see the registry item.  Can you please offer some guidance here.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my installations that are MII data sources, this is what is shown in Services for Depencies for ManagementHost (all are Win2K3 servers at present):

Is your installation showing something different?

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Slightly different

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First of all, is the ManagementHost service running? If not, can you see the following  error in the Windows logs?

This was the error I fixed back in April on one of the servers here by removing the dependency.

It doesn't appear in the dependencies window, only in the logs, because under Win2008 and IIS7 is a core component, not an outside package.

Once you nail down why the service does not start, search the registry on the name you obtain from the log. It should relate with the ManagementHost dependencies. This is how they should look like when it's fixed (see the DependOnService line):

Make sure you update them all over (ControlSet001, ControlSet002, etc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error I get.  Looks like yours.

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the PCo Management Console you will see the Tools -> Options menu and in there is a tree item for the "Management Host -> Settings" option.  Here is where the port is defined for the PCo Managment Console/Host service, the default value is 50050.  

Then in the MII Data Server Definition Wizard for your PCo Connection you enter the following URL for connection to PCo and browsing your configured Agents with MII Type Ports enabled:

http://<PCoServerName>:<MgmtConsolePort>/PCoManagement

All of this is documented in the PCo help here for 12.2 and newer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco22/helpdata/en/20/54890ecc2e491d8e9c79c34c8ae636/content.htm

Look on the services list on your machine, if there is an error in the windows logs/system folder saying the following:

"The SAP Plant Connectivity (ManagementHost) service depends the following service: HTTPFilter. This service might not be installed."

However, this is a dependency with a service that no longer exists within IIS7. HTTP SSL was an IIS6 supporting service, and no one can find that within Server 2008-based IIS installations. For IIS7, the HTTPFilter is a core component, not a service. You will have to remove the bad dependencies from the windows registry and it'll start.