cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics Agent on Fly Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me brief about the environment where I wanted to install diagnostics agents on the fly.

We've mscs clustered switch over environment for ECC EHP5 production.Following is the details of it.

NODE A (Physical)                          NODE B (Physical)

CI (locally installed)                          DI

Database (Virtual host)

ASCS (virtual host)

Have enabled Agents on the fly feature for both physical nodes ,I could see the agents created for virtual hosts but under Managed Systems Configuration->Hosts I see the Diag Agent Status as Not Found for virtual hosts,Can please help to fix this issue?

Another issue is during the Managed System Configuration in Assign Diagnostics Agent , for system type Database I cannot assign the diagnostics agent (Agent on Fly created for DB on virtual host) to it .

I followed the below link to configure the agents on Fly feature .

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agent+and+HA+Support

Solution Manager version is 7.1 SP5

Also I would like to know the other ways of installation diagnostics agents on HA environment like above.

You can see the screen shots attached.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khaiser,

Let me know if you could able to resolve this issue. We are also facing the same issue and not able to fix. Thanks.

Regards,

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita ,

I did the following to resolve the issue.

Goto Solman_workcenter ->Solution Manager administration

Select Framework -> Agent Framework then

Select Agent Admin-> All agents

you will see screen like below

Click on each of the logical hostname of MSCS cluster under Full Host Name column by selecting the small icon on the right side of name then do Reset server name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Khaiser,

this really helped, now I have all my physical hosts available in  the list. Unfortunatly none of the virtual host are coming in the agent framework list.

In the managed system configurations --> hosts

We are getting message againest these host as AGENT_NOT_FOUND

Do you have any idea on the possible issue? Appreciate your help.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Agent Administration do u see all the virtual host agents connected.

Have u completed the BASIC configuration without errors

Have u completed the managed system configuration for the virtual systems

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yes the Basic configuration is completed without error. In the managed system configuration.

In the Managed system configuration --> Assign Diagnostic agents --> Agent assignment

Here we are not getting the Virtual host in the list itself to assign it to Server. The virtual host details are not coming in the list of agents in the Agents framework.

Appreciate any pointer to this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Click on the agent admin from the above screen and check whether agents show up there. Once ur in agent admin click on show offline agents and share the screen shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The agents are not shwoing up even in the offline agents. sharing the screen shot

mkloeffer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is probably due to the fact that you did not yet setup the managed system. In the managed system system setup you assign the nodes to the servernames. After you have done that they should appear as "Started".

Please also check in the Agent Administration UI which nodes are connected (using the "More Details" button).

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael ,

Thanks ..What I did is went to Agent Administration->selected each logical host names properties and chosen Reset Server Name ,After that the Agents On-Fly appeared in Managed system configuration and I completed the Managed system setup now.

Probabaly you can also help me with the system monitoring using  yahoo widget , System Configuration status is not appearing on widget display and the data is also not being collected.I checked CCDB status and all extractors are working fine .

Any idea how to fix this???