cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link of outbound delivery and shipment document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where we need to maintain the link in between delivery and shipment document... I mean, when i try to create a shipment document ( T-Code VT01N) , system is not linking the outbound delivery...

Thanks,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

The link is established in ERP at the time of shipment creation presumably with the delivery identified in the creation process.  You may want to touch base with an SD expert.  TM can be used to trigger the creation of the shipment and, I believe, since it already has the link to the delivery (by DTR), would build in that link automatically.  You may want to test from TM to verify and then use that information to troubleshoot your VT01N inputs.  Or as I said before, ask an SD expert.  The expert will be faster, but you will probably learn a lot more working on it yourself first.

Regards, Mike (and no, I am not an SD expert)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your message.

What do you mean by DTR..

Thanks,

Vikas

shaileshnaik
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

DTR stands for Delivery-based transportation requirement, which is the subsequent document created for Delivery in the TM system.

Cheers!

Shailesh Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I am not able to assing / link the delivery in shipment document. though, transportation releavence is already maintained transport releavance for delivery type, item types and routes.

Thanks in advance,

Vikas Rander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found out the reason why the delivery is not getting linked to the shipment document... In the delivery transportation planning status is "   " ... it should be "A", initally.

Thanks,
Vikas

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting the solution.  It will probably help out others who run into the same problem.

Regards, Mike