cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA ERROR WHEN DOING EPH5ERPSAP AS ABAP INSTALATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GURUS

iam trying to install sap Erp Eph5 As abap, Before The Instalation , i was doing ProQuest check , When i select the option Developer workplace i got an java error"it is not recommended to use jdk version 1.4.2_10 current version JAVA_HOME NOT AVILABLE See aldo sap note 867110". i down load the sap note , in that note is not mentioned any correct info . so  i have dout on what is developer work place?, is it nessicity for the installation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shravan,

No, it is not necessary. Developer Workplace for SAP NetWeaver is intended for developing Java-based business applications. As in this case it is about an EHP5 installation for AS ABAB, you won't need to install Developer Worplace at all. For detailed information see the attaches graphic and this guide.

Best regards,

Adam Csaba Goetz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks alot , Thanks for Ur replay  Adam ,  after this abap installation iam planing to do EHP5 installation for AS JAVA, so shall i select  Developer workplace  in that , if i select what java version is support for this?

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shravan,

Developer workplace is available for following purposes:

- Developing Composite Applications

- Developing Web Dynpro Applications

If you plan to do such things, install it.

As this is a client, you can install it independent from J2EE engine installation, at a later time.

Supported java versions are listed here.

Best regards,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot  Adam  The thing is we are using  windows2008 Os for the installation , Actulley i go through the link yesterday. i download the java 1.4.2._39 to 1.4.2_8 , i download all the jdks and tested it but same error is come so i have dout which version of java is ok for this instalation

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shravan,

Excerpt of SAP note 855498:

"

JAVA_HOME check may fail with some versions of Prerequisite Checker
Prerequisites:
You are using the standalone version of Prerequisite Checker from a CD/DVD for a product based on Netweaver 2004 S SR1 or earlier and you select "Developer Workplace Installation" in the dialog that lists the installation options.

Symptom:
Prerequisite Checker fails to evaluate the condition that checks that the JDK version required for the Developer Workplace (JAVA_HOME directory) is not 1.4.2_10. (Status: Could not evaluate.)

Solution:
Make sure that you do not to use JDK version 1.4.2_10 and ignore the warning.

"

Best regards,

Adam