cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle count in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

we are doing wm cycle counting and one of the bin is cycle counted with no difference(which means no LI21N) but it
still come back again in LX26 10 or more times for the same month and for the same quant. What could be the reasons and how doe we prevent it.

Putaway strategey for that storage type: I- ADDITION TO EXISTING STOCK

We also mixed storage and addition to existing stock indicators.

Please let me know.

thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

The problem with our cycle count issue in LX26,  was that we had modified years ago the program that runs MICN (before WM) and that is the same program that LX26 uses.  Therefore we needed to move our custom code to a different spot in the program - which fixed our issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

If the issue is resolved, please close the thread.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael ,

Please provide screen shot of OMCO , CC indicator in material master.

Kindly test for scenario with one material in bin and initiate cycle count and complete it.

Try to reschedule count on same duration and will see the results.

Please provide screen shots for steps performed for better analysis and faster resolution.

Thanks

Jnoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following things,

- Check the field value 'physical inventory indicator for cc' in plant data/ stor1 view of material master for all materials stored in that bin.

- Then check how many times of physical inventory (no. of physical inventory column) is assigned to that value (ccphysical indicator value from material master) in the below setting.

IMG-> MM->Inventory management and physical inventory-> Physical inventory-> cycle counting.

Here you need to check for the plant and storage location which is assigned to the warehouse number.

I am sure the value for 'no. of physical inventory' should be more than 10 times as per your information. If you don't wanted to count multiple times in the same month, then in LX26 restrict the from and to date of inventory period to the current month.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Vijay,

Yes, cycle count indicator is populated on plant data storage view (we have used these indicators for many years for regular IM cycle counting).  OMCO is also populated for that plant in my specific example the material needs to be counted every 51 days (# of counts = 5). 

The date range I was using for LX26 was 11/20/2012 - 11/27/2012.   I counted it today, and it is coming back up as Old PI date of 11/20/2012, New PI date 11/27/2012.

My storage type is set up for PZ,  Zero Check and Cycle Count.

What else could I be missing?

Thanks,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have selected the physical inventory method as 'PZ' (continuos inventory) that means you can count any number of times in year for your storage type.  If you wanted to do the inventory for 5 times in a year, then put the inventory method as blank and cycle counting check box should be ticked.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Vijay,

In our test system I tried leaving the physical inventory method "blank", and re-created same scenario and still got the same results.   If I confirm cycle count with no "differences", I still get it popping back up to count again 7 days later.

I also tested out with the PZ indicator still in there and if I confirm the cycle count WITH differences - then it puts the count out the proper # of days.

Regards,

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you removed the zero check indicator for your storage type along with inventory method = empty, becuase if the bin stock is empty, the zero stock check inventory comes into picture.

If you have done it,can you please share you IMG settings and the selection of LX26 and also the bin information.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Michael,

The same thing is happening with our materials using LX26.  If there is not any difference, and bin gets "cleared" then the bin comes back into LX26 to count again.  The material should be counted every 16 days.  The last inventory date is being populated in LAGP_IDATU.

Confused as to why LX26 doesn't see I just counted the material and it's not due again for 16 days.

Did you figure out what was causing the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Cycle count setting is in MM, under

IMG....MM....Inventory Management and Physical Inventory...Physical Inventory....Cycle Counting

we just activate Cycle counting in WM at storage type level, but logic will be derived from MM setting.

First check the  what is the ABC indicator for material for which you are carrying out physical inventory in material master.

Then in above path check how often for that class inventory should be carried out.

BR