SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI&FM Issues in University based client

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Apparently this question may look like belonging to FI forum but since it a public sector client issue so that is why i am posting it here.

Our client being university, every department within university has to keep record of expenses the incurred, budget consumption e.t.c . Departmental deans are no good accountants. Currently client is running a system named as IMS (Indents Management System). For every expense, material procurement, asset acquisition , departments raise an indent (just like PR) and there is a valuation entered in it and along with a category stating if it is an expense (if expense then head of expense ), or material . Once it is raised it flows to budget department for approval, budget department approves it and it is forwarded to finance and account department who makes posting in financials for expense related items else it is forwarded to Procurement department for raising PO.

My question is how will above scenario be catered in FI direct expenses for which currently they raise indent . Universities deans or professors can not be trained in FI posting even if i give them parking access and through workflow this should flow to relevant department. This solution is not acceptable , i want to know what practice Universities with SAP adopt for booking FI expenses since it is incurred by 50 to 60 departments within University . How is this catered ? Pleaee guide me.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

We have arrive at a proposal to use PR concept in MM for every expense posting requested to be raised by departments within University. Expenses will be grouped in to heads and will be brought in PR in some field.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

We have arrive at a proposal to use PR concept in MM for every expense posting requested to be raised by departments within University. Expenses will be grouped in to heads and will be brought in PR in some field.

Regards