cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the Amendment checkbox through scripting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SMEs,

I have a question regarding Amendment process using Contract Gen. Is there anyone who deployed the script to control the amendment checkbox, IS_AMENDMENT, in contract document? When you create an amendment from amendment template (ex: contract type 'amendment') via contract gen, Sourcing doesn't indicate this contract as amendment. We can use contract upload to indicate amendment, but I was wondering if we can enable this functionality while using contract gen. Please let me know. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HyunJae,

could you please clarify your business process requirement here.

There are 2 ways to use contract amendments:

1. Upload a contract and then upload an amendment
  2. Generate a contract using contract generation an, then click action "Amend Contract"

Could you elaborate on why you want to generate an amendment via contract gen ?

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Business reason is to guide end users to use the standard amendment template across the board via contract gen. We are currently using upload functionality, but we'd like to use this process only for an external paper, i.e. amendment template provided by supplier.

Per initial research, we couldn't find the method to update the amendment flag. SAP support confirmed that setlsAmendment is not IAPI enabled in current version. We are in version 7.0.02.04.

Please let me know if you have any question. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HyunJae,

I checked with Development and with 7.03.02 stIsAmendment will be enabled to use via Scripting.

Hope this helps,

Armin

PS: If that answers your question, please mark the question as answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin,

Do you know when we can have the patch? I will mark the question as answered after confirming the date. Please let me know. Cheers!

Answers (0)