Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing Web access to external customers

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understand the login credential for a user of the web link is same as the one used to access the SAP EM system. I would like to know if there is a provision to provide external users with login credentials, without having to add them as users in the EM system, thus addressing the both issue of security as well as license fee.

Or does SAP offer separate license package for such users?

Cheers,

Affan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Affan,

Licensing for EM is at the "per event" level so is independent of users.

A lot of functionality in the Web UI revolves around the user so it is tied in to a user. i.e. The web user would need an ID. Typically you want your web users to only review the processes applicable to them so they would need their own ID that is tied to an auth object that in turn filters out the applicable Event Handlers for them to view....

Thanks

Kevin

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

yeah, but suppose the client wants to offer its customers with the feature of viewing the status of their orders via web... imagine the number of user IDs that will have to be created.

Currently i am thinking in lines of providing customers with the quick search link and validating the searches using the search parameters itself (by keeping 2 or more fields as manadatory)

This would not require User IDs. Since the client does not want its customers to send messages to EM i think this can be a work around.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Affan,

no there are no special Web user you need a user in the EM backend. There are many settings you can make in the backend for EM users like scenario assignment, filters or aouthorization profiles.

To my knowledge EM is not licensed per user but there you should ask your SAP contact for details.

Best regards,

Steffen