cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response message missing in sxi_monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have a scenario ECC(Proxy) --> PI --> Legacy_WS (SOAP Adapter) and it has been working fine...but yesterday something weird happened. A message was sent by ECC and pass through PI to the Web Service, then the legacy sent a response to the adapter (SOAP) and until this all was working fine. In the CC monitoring I can find the request message (12.41PM) and the response message (12.44), but in sxi_monitor the response message from legacy never appeared.

In the sxi_monitor I just can see the request message but with a undefined status, just a grey dot is showed and a STOP symbol in the column "c".

Please, if anyone can help me to understand what happened with this response message, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Joan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

i dont think you ll find this in SMQ2 - this is a synchronous flow. Neither a mapping could be the reason because you would see a red flag in MONI, nor you could restart the message (synchronous msg).

Something strange happend and your message failed. It is possible that the Integration Engine raised a timeout while the adapter engine was still waiting - or something else, but anyway, you cant do a standard reproduction, because the sending application waited for the response and had to interrupt its processing. You can - may be - restart the original ABAP program, but have to discuss that with the owners.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo, I think like you...but as I mentioned, I would like to find any log that give me a description of the error....Do you know any way to find a report of the problem? Thanks

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

of course you can search in suspected places like SXMB_MONI, Runtime Workbench, SM21. I m not too optimistic about success, coz actually a real error messsage wasnt raised.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the developer trace file? Look for trace around the time the issue happened? See if you can find anything interesting. You can access developer trace from NWA => Troubleshooting => Logs and Traces => Log Viewer, Choose View -> Open view -> Developer traces.

As pointed out by For synchronous messages you have to go back to the source for reprocessing. In this case you will have to look at ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

Can you please check SMQ1 and SMQ2 tcodes in PI server for monitoring queues.

Because of the fact there is a STOP in 3rd column. possibly it can be a queue stuck.

Try to clear any stucked queues and then message will flow OR you can restart your message from SXMB_MONI.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav, there is not any message in the queues. I don't want to reprocess the message, I would like to find the message that caused the error and find why this happened.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few cents...

Since you received  response message, please check in the pipeline steps where your message was failed. Example: Due to invalid data in soap response structure, the mapping step might have caused error in the response side and so you might have not seen the message in the sender (proxy) side. Please check completely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar, I was suspecting that...maybe an incorrect soap response structure caused error. But, How can I know where is the error? How can I find the message?