Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading and downloading documents from SAP

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing one issue in attaching the documents and sending back to SAP. Also retieving the document from SAP in webdynpro Java.

For sending the document to SAP, I am unsing fileupload UI element. I am converting the resource type to bytearray and then passing to the XString field in the SAP. But in SAP, ABAP team is unable to read the document. They are able to read only .txt but not other formats.

Similarly when they are passing  XString I am taking that in bytearray variable and then converting into resource and tried to open using File Download UI. But I am also getting junk value.  I am also seeing the .txt but not other formats sent from SAP.

In both the cases bytearray and Xstring content is like

[B@3e25a5  Is it correct format or not I am confused.

Are we missing anything. Can anyone help me in this regard. Thank you.

Thanks&Regards,

Raghu

Hi Experts, Can you please help me in this regard. Thank you Message was edited by: Raghavendranath Garlapati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You're following the right path to get the binary data into SAP. If you can't read the binary files in SAP, the first thing that comes to mind is something that has to do with unicode or code-pages. I think you may want to have a look into that.

The ABAP debugger has a feature which allows you to see contents of variables using various code-pages. Try to see if you can get somewhere with that...

Answers (0)