Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job Monitoring using BPMON in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on solution Manager 7.1.

I want to monitor all the background jobs in the managed system based on priority.

For this i defined a Bussiness Process "Job Monitoring".

and in the application monitors i selected "Background Processing"

For this i created subnodes "High_Priority_Jobs" and "Low_Prioroty_Jobs"

We dont have specific naming convention to define a job name, So i wrote a rule which gives the list of jobs for that subnode. But i dont see any alert got triggered for these jobs.

My Questions are:

1) Is it the right way of approaching to trigger alerts for background monitoring? ( I want to monitor all the jobs in the managed system)

2) If the communication fails between solution manager and central system, where i can monitor?

3)How can i debug the rule?

Thanks

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kishore_kumar59
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you tried with technical monitoring in solman 7.1 to configure alerts for backgroud jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions?

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can u give a screenshot of how u defined the job in BPMON..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohan,

Now iam able to get the alerts, My rule is working.

but i dont understand how the alerts data is sent to solution manger from the managed systems for the background jobs? Can you please explain me the process how the alert data is sent to solution manager?

Thanks

Srinivas

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

AUTOABAP job is running in solution manager. You can see this job via STAD tcode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohan,

I got it,collection of Background Job alerts are done through AUTOABAP, which  runs for every 5 mins and collects the alerts from amanged system.

Do you know the table in the managed system where the alerts are stored?

Thanks

Srinivas

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry.. not sure about the table name but its a clustered table..

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Can you tell me how to define a rule to monitor all jobs and thus checking which is running for long time. I am not able to get correct alert by maintaining * as job name in BPMON.

Thanks,

Rohan