Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Block in XD05 to stop PGI

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Need help in understanding the delivery block configuration in OVLS.

My requirement is that a delivery block when placed on customer master should stop processing of any document in the system. That is a delivery cannot be picked or PGId. What settings will I have to do to stop PGI of an existing delivery once I place a delivery block on the customer master in XD05.

I tried checking the box Block PGI  in SPRO --> Logistics execution--> Shipping --> Deliveries -->DEfine reasons for blocking in Shipping (OVLS) but it doesnt work.

How can I stop Picking and PGI of a delivery for blocked customer ?

Thanks for reading and responding !

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Pls set block as "Credit limit" in Delivery =Header-Administration"  or at master data to achheive your requirement.

Thanks

Mahesh

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

The delivery block will not automatically flow from customer master to delivery to stop PGI. It will have to be placed manually on delivery to stop PGI. Contacted SAP and they suggest using development achieve this requirement.

Thanks for the responses.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check the boxes picking and goods issue for the delivery block. Then in spro->logistics execution ->shipping ->deliveries->define reasons for blocking in shipping, you need to assign the delivery block to delivery document type. Then create new documents and test.

Regards,

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Have already made that setting but it doesn't work.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you see the delivery block in the sales order flown from customer master?

Regards,

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Nope. The order and delivery were created before the block was applied on the customer. The requirement is to stop processing of existing documents in SAP once a customer is blocked.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think system will block for the already created sales order. You must apply the delivery block on the open sales order using t.code MASS. Otherwise, the system won't block the delivery. To find the open sales orders, use t.code VA05/VA05N.

Regards,

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any ideas ?

Whats the use or purpose of OVLS settings ? Especially field SEPWA (Goods Issue) ?

I created a delivery block with Goods issue checked in OVLS, then assigned the block to delivery LF. Then assigned the block to the customer in XD05 for all sales areas. Then when I try to PGI an existing delivery for this customer SAP does NOT stop me.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks !

Ron

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried the solution posted by Shiv Ram please?

System will not stop from posting PGI for already created Sales order. Because, the delivery block will not get activated.

So you can try with a new Sales order and PGI process.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

The delivery block initiated at cust master level will block the entire delivery and not just the PGI as desired by you.

You have already  created a delivery block with Goods issue checked in OVLS, then assigned the block to delivery LF.

Since you wish to block PGI but allow the delivery and picking, you need to assign Delivery block at the Delivery header level under Administration, while creating delivery document and save the document.

Now, while doing PGI, it would give you an error "Goods issue from delivery not possible due to block".

This is possible for existing Sales orders as well.

Pls. check and provide feedback.

- Wilson.