cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Mobile - Error RWI00621

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am on BO 4.0 SP4 and accessing a Webi report using an iPad with SAP BI mobile 4.2.1, Build 0712.

When opening a document with a chart the report I am getting an error:

'An Exception occured in the vizualization framework. (Error: RWI 00621)'

This happens even wtih a simple line chart.

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Al.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems an error coming from the server side

What happens if you open the same doc in web intelligence?

What does the server side monitoring show?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The doc displays fine in Webi.

Is there a specific log file that you are aware that I could look into?

Thanks

Al.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like the Java error message in stsout.log:

FINEST: <document id="ASyI8ftagM1EpR1o98CM.YI" fetchLatestInstance="true" fetchStructure="true" freshCopy="true" close="false"></document>

com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.exception.VisualizationFrameworkExceptions$VisualizationFrameworkException: An exception occured in the visualization framework. (Error: RWI 00621)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:144)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBuilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:101)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.VisualizationServiceImpl.getGraphicInstance(VisualizationServiceImpl.java:431)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.VisualizationServiceImpl.getVisualizationType(VisualizationServiceImpl.java:796)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.webitranslator.WebIDocument.turnChartTotable(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.webitranslator.WebIDocument.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.webitranslator.WebITranslator.openDocument(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.documents.translatorplugin.DocumentTranslatorOpener.openDocument(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.commands.impl.AbstractDocumentCommand.openNewDocument(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.commands.impl.AbstractDocumentCommand.openDocument(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.commands.impl.AbstractDocumentCommand.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.commands.impl.GetDocumentContentCommand.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.commands.impl.GetDocumentContentFactory.internalGetCommand(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.commands.impl.GetDocumentContentFactory.internalGetCommand(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.commands.impl.AbstractCommandFactory.getCommand(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.commands.impl.dispatch.PropertyFileCommandDispatcher.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.messages.MessageHandler.handleMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mobilebi.server.http.MessageHandlerServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:852)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.visualization.common.exceptions.SerializationException: Unexpected XML deserialization issue (cause:Unknow CVOM version in tag GraphicInstance : '3.2.0.1'). (VIZ_00002)

at com.businessobjects.visualization.GraphicInstance$GraphicInstanceSerializer.read(GraphicInstance.java:2481)

at com.businessobjects.visualization.GraphicInstance.loadState(GraphicInstance.java:442)

at com.businessobjects.visualization.GraphicInstance.init(GraphicInstance.java:326)

at com.businessobjects.visualization.GraphicInstanceFactory.getGraphicInstance(GraphicInstanceFactory.java:90)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.VisualizationServiceImpl.getGraphicInstance(VisualizationServiceImpl.java:425)

... 29 more

WARNING: Returning an error to the client. Details:  Reason: An exception occured in the visualization framework. (Error: RWI 00621)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error is thrown by the Adaptive Processing Server,  you should try to split it according to

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1694041 and create a dedicated APS for the CVOM (visualization service)

You may wish to open a CSS message if you can...

thanks

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. I have created a new APS instance and assigned it just the Vizualization Service, allocating 2GB RAM. (Did it myself rather than raise a CSS message - how difficult can it be? 🙂 )

I have also installed Fix Pack 1.

The problem is still there. In fact, I am not convinved that I need a separate APS instance for the Vizualization Service since I am the only one using the BO server right now, and Task Manager does not show any service maxing resources.

Since the reports work fine through Webi, I cannot see how the report should fail simply because I am running them on the iPad. Surely the Vizualization Service has the same job either way.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Al.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After excluding this is related to the webi server I am moving this to the Mobile discussions

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solved the problem.

The WAR file was not being deployed by the installation program so the Mobile Server was still on SP2. Having looked, the WDeploy guide PDF lists the Mobile server as not being an automatic deployment.

In fact, to get the Mobile server to deploy with SP4 I had to delete the Tomcat directory manually and deploy using WDeploy (which I should not have to do).

Anyway, solved.

Cheers

Al.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can anyone explain more in details the solution of this problem please? I have the same error message (RWI 00621) when I try to visualize webi reports with pie charts on iPad.

It would be very helpful.

Thank you very much!

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many of the Business Objects components are deployed to the Web Server as Java apps - Mobile is one of them. There will be a directory for each Java app within the folder:

Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps

For the iPad app this will be MobileBIService (from memory). If you don't have this directory then the mobile components have not been deployed to your Web Server. There is another Java app for mobile phones.

Also, you may have the MobileBIService directory but the Java app is an older version that the wider BO server. This is either because the mobile components are not automatically re-deployed when the BO server is upgraded or because I did something wrong.

You can determine your current version of MobileBIService by running the following URL (replacing HOSTNAME:PORT):

http://HOSTNAME:PORT/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

And then the possible versions are shown at:

http://bobj.sapbiblog.com/2012/02/15/how-to-determine-your-patch-and-service-pack-in-boe-4-0/

There are a number of ways of deploying the latest version of MobileBIService. The easiest (usually possible) is to:

1. Stop Tomcat
  2. Find the MobileBIService.war file. Probably  D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Mobile 14\server
  3. Copy this to D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps
  4. Start Tomcat
  5. Check the folder again
  6. Check the URL again

Regards

Al.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

There is an SAP note that documents this too.

1778411 - " An exception occured in the vizualization framework. (Error: RWI 00621)" - while opening reports with charts on SAP BI for iPad after BI 4.0 SP04 upgrade.

-

Mihir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej

re-deploying the mobile web application solved this same problem for me although it took a long time for the tomcat to re-start in my case

I also use the SAP Note : 1778411, which is almost the same as the previous solution. Just make sure that you take backup of all the folders and file before you delete just in case!

Aws

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI McEwan,

We have upgraded to SP 04  last week and getting the BEx Query directly  to webi Rich client.

Report is working fine on Webi & LaunchPad,

But when we published those reports  to iPads . 

we are getting An Internal Server Errorr occured while processing the client request (MOBB00082)

But above mentioned report is created with three Bex querries but same prompts. from COPA qube.

Then I cave created the report with single query . " An exception occurred in the visualization framework.(Error : RWI 00621)

Please advise me  on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this SAP Note : 1778411 - " An exception occured in the vizualization framework. (Error: RWI 00621)" - while opening reports with charts on SAP BI for iPad after BI 4.0 SP04 upgrade.

Regards,

Mihir