cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a released phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to delete a released phase. Is there any procedure to get it?

Thanks,

CAMILO URIBE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Camilo,

You need a config change. In tcode BS22, for status 'REL' (I1701), allow business transaction 'Delete' (DX00). Then you should be able to delete released phase!

But pl use extra caution while doing this. As a right practice, I would urge you to keep this option as very 'last resort'!

thanks

Mathavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It works perfectlly.

Thanks a lot,

CAMILO URIBE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathavan,

Your reply was helpful. And it worked for "Released" status.

Now I have a doubt, similar to the status "Released" I did that for the Status "Flagged for Transfer" too. i.e. I wanted to delete a Project which was Transferred. And I followed the same method as you mentioned for Release status. But it did not work! Still it is throwing an error "Tranfer status doesn't allow deletion".

Is it true, that I cant delete at all a Transferred project?!! Or if there is way, can you please suggest?

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Deleting transferred objects is not allowed in the standard application. Such system checks exists at many place in the SAP code.

I strongly recommend NOT to delete such objects as it could lead to database inconsistencies later on.

I would rather advise to lock / cancel the project thanks to a system status, to prevent anyone using it.

Or archive those projects, if archiving makes sense in your situation.

Regards,
Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Matthias....  And it surely helped me...

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Camilo,

Unfortunately, it is possible to delete an object (project, phase, task...) once it has been released.

The only thing you can do would be to set a status like "Cancel' to prevent other users from using it.

Matthias