cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Control 10.0 Data Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC Experts,

Is there a Process Control 10.0 data model showing objects and relationship cardinality ?  I came across a 2.5 data model, but nothing around 10.0.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sreeni.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Can you please explain the objects that you are talking and what type of relationship you are looking into so we can check accordingly.

Regards,

Silky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Silky

Apologies for the delayed response.

I am looking for more information on Controls and related cardinality with transactional data in PC10. Can you please shed more light on below questions?

Central Control: defined in the master catalog through “business processes" option in NWBC.

when a central control is assigned to an org through it’s subprocess:

a. Reference control is created if “allow local changes” is not checked.  Can’t make any changes to the control attributes.

b. Local control is created if “allow local changes” is checked.  Can change control attributes.

Q1:  Does GRC support transactional data (assessments, testing, etc.) at an org level for both these above controls – reference and local?  I think the answer is “yes”, but would like to confirm.

Entity Level Control: defined in the master catalog through “indirect entity level controls” option in NWBC.  when an entity level control is assigned to an org, Local Entity level control is created.

Q2:  Does GRC support transactional data at an org level for local entity level control?  I think the answer again is “yes”, but would like to confirm.

Q3:  The critical business need I have is to allow different org units to point to a single control and share transactional data.  I am a bit lost on how to achieve this.  Looks like one option is to use “shared services” concept in subprocess.  The other option is to use “allow referencing” concept in control.  I have not come across any good documentation on these options.  In particular “allow referencing” concept baffles me since this seems to not have much linkage to a reference control.

If I sound confused, I truly am.  Any help on these 3 qtns will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sreeni.

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Q1- As you said the answer is 'Yes'.

Q2-Yes.

Q3-Based on your requirement, you can use Shared Service option which at subprocess level. Here the shared service provider owns the subprocess ans controls and evaluates them. The shared service receiver organization will use those results and shown in reports.

thanks,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajeshwari.  This was very helpful.

One last question. 

We have a business use case that requires a control to be attached directly to an org unit.

If I want to attach a control directly to an organizational unit, instead of through a subprocess, would IELC be the preferred method ?  We were also considering adding a dummy subprocess to achieve this.  But on further reading, it seems that IELC makes more sense.  Wanted to get your feedback.

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

Yes for using control at organization level, you can use Indirect Entity level control and there is no

subprocess required for that.

Regards,

Silky Sharna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Silky.

Answers (0)