Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of JMS adapter in PI

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been asked to  check the connectivity of JMS adapter in our landscape.

There is a GITP server which is a Messaging server and they want to send file directly to us without any intervention.

However i am new to this topic and not aware about the per-requisites.

I have tried to configure sender JMS adapter but there are 5 transport Protocol available.

How to identify which one suits my requirement.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At first you should understand completly what is the JMS adapter and its utility, the different jms providers, etc. Check at first the kan's blog http://scn.sap.com/people/kan.th/blog/2007/02/05/exploring-jms-and-sap-xi-jms-adaper in order to understand better this protocol.

Regards and good luck.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vila,

I came over the first hurdle as i deployed the MQ 5.3xxx series in our PI server.

Later  i asked all the details to the customer about the  configuration to there system.

However i am receiving the following error for Sender JMS adapter :

" Error creating JMS connection. The JMS provider gave the error message as MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for '133.184.33.2:QM_133.184.33.2' MQJE001: An MQException occurred: Completion Code 2, Reason 2059<br>MQJE011: Socket connection attempt refused, and the error code as MQJMS2005."

Can you please check and let me know, what could be the problem.

Regards,

Ravi

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue comes when network port not opened between MQ and PI, check with network team they will resolve this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think Raja is right in his line of thinking, this could be an issue with wrong host, service not listening, or network barrier. We use different IP ports for production and development so be sure to check with your message queue administrator.

If you are using IBM Websphere MQSeries, it can let you know when a connection attempt is being made from the queue side. Other tools probably have this feature also.

Also, once you get connectivity, this wiki might help you with reading the messages:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/How+To...Content+conversion+module+with+J2EE+JMS+adapter

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

But as per this SAP note # 1086303, it  clearly says that " the queue manager name was incorrect" .

So am i analyzing in wrong direction ? .

Also, if i want to check with network team, then what info shall i provide them to ask the connection between server and PI. Are you saying the port which i am using in JMS adapter ( 1428 ) should be checked ?

Regards,

Ravi

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

We have come to know that the MW manager name setup needs to be don by scratch at cusotmer side.

However , they have asked for three things to connect with us , like PORT, IP address and MQ manager name .

However if i understand corerctly that manager name used by us, will be the same as they provide.

But shall i provide the IP and PORT of my PI landscape to setup connection between there system and our system.

Regards,

@

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You no need to provide anything, MQ team has to provide those details like Queue name, credetials and necessaryd detials to complete JMS Adpater confirguration.

Give IP address of PI to ping PI server from MQ enevironment.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

What will be the port name of PI that needs to be provided to MQ environment.  Shall i give 50 K or 8 k one ?

Regards,

Ravi

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you are consuming message service so you might not need to give PI's JMS Port. As Raja mentioned, you have to configure message queue server name and credentials in the communication channel  Take help from BASIS. The below link gives the information about netweaver's various service ports.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a2/f9d7fed2adc340ab462ae159d19509/frameset.htm

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give IP address and JAVA Port 50xxx.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

As per the link, the JMS port is 50010, but my PI landscape has 51000  as port number for test environment .

So shall i inform port 50010 or 51000 to the MQ environment team.

Regards,

Ravi

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

51000 -  Here 10 refers instance number not port.  Take help from BASIS. The default port number for Jms is 50010. In your case, this might be 51010.  Hope that helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos