cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring SUM for the first time, how to configure SMP connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am configuring SUM for the first time using rev35 with a view to updating my current HANA Database from rev25 to rev35.

I'm currently hitting an issue when firing up Lifecycle Manager in HANA Studio (already updated to rev35).  I get the error

message SMP configuration is not complete. 

I have searched through the SUM documentation, SDN and Googled in general to see if I could find documentation describing

how to configure the connection to Service Marketplace, but to no avail.  I'm guessing that you need to define the S-user that

Lifecycle Manager will use to log on to Service Marketplace to determine what versions/patches etc. are available and relevant

for your product.

Can anyone point me to a suitable source for how to configure this connection?

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Guy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

Have you taken a look at this document?

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000604952011

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks for the doclink.  I had been using that as reference.  What it didn't describe or perhaps make clear to me, was that if your HANA installation had been performed by SAP initially without the unified installer, a lot of what that utility does is missed, e.g. setting up the SMP etc.

I have seen described elsewhere a workaround that involves upgrading the database manually, backing it up including the .ini files, re-installing the instance with the unified installer, restoring the backup and the ini files.

This is a bit long-winded, but you do end up with the database in the correct state, and all the benefits of the unified installer.  I will be trying this process out in the next few weeks, because I really want the facilities offered by SUM.

Thanks.

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy

to configure SMP connection go in HANA Studio to Window tab -> Preferences -> Lifecycle Management -> Service Marketplace. There you can configure your SMP connection

Regards,

Tomek

Answers (0)