cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding XSD structure of a Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on a scenario integrating PI with Salesforce. The communication is via a web service and Salesforce has provided us with their WSDL. In the WSDL, a parent node is called sObjects. Since we are dealing with the 'User' object of Salesforce, the sObjects node was edited and the type 'User' had been added to it. (<ns1:sObjects xsi:type = "User">).

When we import this WSDL into PI, in the Messages tab of the external definition, we can see that, some of the child nodes under the sObjects node are automatically taking up the type 'User'. So all the fields under the node sObjects are visible under these child nodes as well.

In our mapping, we are supposed to map one field (Employee_Number__c) under one such child node (Manager). (This field is present under the main node sObjects, and thus also under the Manager node). However, in the Message mapping, none of the fields are visible at all under the child node (Manager) or any other child node which has the type 'User'.

In this regard, kindly help us on the below 2 points:

1. How can we make these fields visible under the child nodes with the type User (for example the Manager node)?

2. In the external definition, since some of the child nodes also show the type 'User', all fields under the sObjects nodes are visible under these child nodes (eg. Manager) as well. Thus the Manager node itself contains the field Manager node again. This, in turn, has the type 'User' and thus contains the 'Manager' node again. So this is happening recursively infinite number of times. How can we avoid this?

We also opened this structure in Altova XMLSpy, but it does not show any error there.

Thanks,

Namrata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namrata,

Please check this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3827 . Here theb author shows how to manupulate Sobjects in SFDC.  In case you find the document useful please kindly rate it.

I guess you are making some mistakes while changing the WSDL.

Regards

Anupam

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i worked on SFDC - PI - ECC integration but every time i provided WSDL to SFDC team, never faced this kind of issue.

If possibe ask them to change the XSD/WSDL with unique names so that you can avoid recursive names.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

May be you can help me, I am not middleware person and am from salesforce developer, my middleware team is asking how to get the lookup field mapped in middleware as you must undertand that salesforce lookup field cannot get the string values, so can you please help me knowing how do you do it at middleware to map salesforce lookup/relational field?

Thanks in advance.