cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP 6.06 on NW 7.03 on Windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We are scheduling an upgrade of our ERP 6.03 on NW7.0 system to ERP 6.06 (EHP6) on NW 7.03 (EHP3).

According to PAM the only supported combinations for OS/DB is Windows 2008 (R2) on Oracle 11g.

However, upgrading the OS platform from Win2k3 to Win2k8 will create some problems for us due to legacy infrastructure.

I would be surprised if the target release wouldn't run on Windows 2003, but would such a move be totally unsupported by SAP or could we for instance run this upgraded release on Win2k3 for a while (say 6 months) and then perform the OS upgrade (when the infrastructure problems have been solved) ?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

BR Gerhard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

I would strongly suggest to resolve any infrastructure issues first, then upgrade as required by SAP. If you contact SAP regarding an issue with an unsupported configuration, you are not likely to receive much assistance.

Then again, you can always test the scenario in a sandbox and run it at your own risk. I would not do this with a production environment.

If I may ask, what are the infrastructure issues that prevent you from upgrading to Win2k8?

Thanks,

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Thanks for your reply. The issue we currently have is with the Backup-software (HP DP 5.5) which is not compatible with Windows 2008 clients (i've been told). We do have a mixed backup-environment (HP DP and EMC Networker) but the networker site is remote to the SAP-system and the predicted network load would be too high.  Anyway, i've given feedback that we need to solve these issues and as stated also by SAP upgrade to Win2k8 before the EHP upgrade. From a technical perspective this is also what we wish to do (win2k3 close to end-of-life) and also win2k8 being more stable (even though we've never had any major problems with win2k3). BR Gerhard.

Answers (0)