cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter Log Review Report workflow not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i am not receiving the workflow emails for firefighter log review.

i am getting login notification emails.

Regards,

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this issue fixed. I am facing similar kind of issue of not getting the Log email. We are in SP 13.

Reyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We upgraded from SP08 to SP13 recently.   Our notification (controller specified to receive workflow notification) was working in our development and production systems before upgrade.  Since the upgrdae (with no changes to WF that I'm aware of), it only works in development.  In production we no longer get email notification.   BTW when notification to "email" the email is generated in SOST.  But we need to use workflow.   We have escalated this issue with SAP.   If anyone knows of a fix for this please advise. Otherwise I'll post if I learn anything useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, problem fixed for us.  This was rather subtle.  Some time ago we'd configured a user as the "Sender" in SPRO=>GRC=>GeneralSettings=>Workflow=>MaintCustNotificationMessages to be "BATCHBC".  This ID was created in our test system a few years and versions ago, but somehow we missed creating it in production.  However that did not stop the firefighter workflow notifications from working on SP08 and earlier versions.  Apparently SP13 has more stringent checking, because it did not like non-existent ID.  The SAP person referred me to OSS Note 1755815. It's not released so I haven't read it yet but as soon as I created the ID the emails started working again. 

To me the most frustrating part was that I had looked in SWI1, GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD, SLG1, ST01 and had traced and debugged and still not managed to find any indication of the problem.   I cannot see why the application doesn't log some kind of error message somewhere instead of just not sending the configured notification email when the firefighter review workflow is invoked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do ensure that the System is not "*" in the variant for the GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE background job. If you have multiple systems, you will need multiple steps/jobs per system variant.

Every 10 minutes should be sufficient enough, but ensure the correct settings are made on the MSMP workflow as suggested above by Haraleen. One easy way to check if the emails are being kicked out by the background job is to set the Controller notification to "By Email" rather than "workflow". If this works, then by simple process of elimination, you will know that something needs to be checked and fixed on the MSMP side.

Also, ensure the MSMP process has generated without errors/warnings. If there are some warnings, check them and see if they are indirectly affecting your solution.

All the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you figure your issue out?  If not, did you check SLG1 for any logs?  I guess you have email for the controller in SU01 setup?  If you send me an email I could send you a few screen shots of our workflow but we're basically using what SAP provided.   We did have to mess with the task settings and notification settings at "Maintain Paths" .

fishpommi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Heraleen,

i´m facing the same issue that FF log review workflow is not being triggered, we are on SP10

MSMP BC set is activated.

SPM log review workflow process ID is activated and generated.

NWBC controller communication setting is "workflow"

Config parameters set up

Background jobs set up every 10 minutes.

GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE

GRAC_SPM_WORKFLOW_SYNC

But the workflow is not being triggered.

I´ve also checked SLG1 - all logs are properly.

Mailadresse for the controllers are also set.

I would appreciate if you have some information to maintain the settings at "Maintain Paths" for me.

best regards

Andreas Pommerening

Former Member
0 Kudos

My screen shots for Task Settings and Notification Settings are in previous response, but if there's something else specific you want to see let me know.  One of the main things I seem to recall having to add was the "NEW_WORK_ITEM" notification event to GRAC_CURRENT_APPROVERS as shown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We experienced similar behavior (on SP08).   On the Fire Fighter Log Report Review Workflow in "Maintain Paths"=>GRAC_DEFAULT_STAGE we had to add Notification Setting for NEW_WORK_ITEM (used template ID=GRAC_LOGRPT_WORK_ITEM and Recipient=GRAC_CURRENT_APPROVERS).  Do you have a similar entry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing a similar issue where the FF log review workflow is not being triggered. we are on SP09

MSMP BC set is activated.

SPM log review workflow process ID is activated and generated.

NWBC controller communication setting is "workflow"

Config parameters set up

Background jobs set up.

GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE

GRAC_SPM_WORKFLOW_SYNC

But when I look at the GRC runtime instance monitor there is no data. The workflow is not being triggered.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could've missed?

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Latest from SAP is this.

Scheduling RSCONN01 to run every 10 minutes instead of at a longer interval (30 minutes, I think we had it) solved the problem in CRM. The same change did NOT solve the problem in ECC. SAP has forwarded the issue to second level support.

If this question is still open, I'll post what I get back from SAP regarding ECC.

Krysta

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

I have a similar issue in GRC 5.3 in two of my 4 backend systems. BW and CUA are working fine, but CRM and ECC are not generating the FF log review email. I checked all of the things that you checked. The jobs are running, the logon notices are sent, the log reports are generated, but still nothing in SOST.

I've got an open message with SAP on it actually. The last I heard from them is that they're still working on it. I have high hopes that that means they've been able to reproduce the error and are furiously coding a fix.

I will definitely post the solution when I get it.

Krysta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Kindly see that the WF-Batch user has all the necessary roles as
mentioned in the AC10.0 Security guides.

Please ensure that you have done the followings:
-Maintain  and activated the MSMP workflow for "SAP_GRAC_FIREFIGHT_LOG_REPORT"
-Run synch jobs:
GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE
GRAC_SPM_WORKFLOW_SYNC
Please check that you have set the following Configuration Parameters
to "YES"
- Send Firefighterid Login Notification
- Log report Execution Notification.

Kindly also check that the Controllers 'Usage Flag' is set to Email and  the

Email Address for the user "WF-Batch" is maintained in SU01 in the GRC Box

Best Regards,

Nandita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nandita,

i have verified all.

1. WF-BATCH is a system user and it has the SA_GRAC_ALL role.

2. is there any document,where i can verify the MSMP workflow setup and cross check ?

it has GRC API rules as agent and let me any way of identifying issue here.

3. sync jobs are running

4. parameters are set to Yes.

5. i guess you are referring to notification by email and it is set to email only in NWBC for the controller.

6. WF-BATCH has an email ID as well.

any more to look at ?

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Please check the following:

(a) Kindly check the SLG1 logs for the firefighter log sync program and see is there any error.

(b)One more thing if you have maintained parameter 4007 and 4009 parameter to Yes then please do not schedule GRAC_SPM_WORKFLOW_SYNC report.

(c)Have you checked the basic workfloe settings like agent assignment and Event linkage if those are set.

(d)Is MSMP configuration is activated without error and a version is generated.

Please confirm your SP level.

Thanks & Regards

Chandani

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Kindly check the SAP note - 1667282 and the attached note sto it if they help.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have checked. no result.

i have the parameters in place as well. 1113 parameter updated as well.

anything missing?

i dnt see d mail trigger in SOST , but i can see login notification mail in SOST