Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metrics for converting SC to PO

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

Our procurement team are starting to look at how quick our manager and buyers respond accordingly to when our requisitioners submit their shopping carts. Has anybody ever measured how long it has taken an SCs to be converted into a POs? We are using an n-step work flow set to 2 steps with adhoc approval if required and SoCo for the purchasers.

We are on SRM5 ECS  if this has any bearing on the matter.

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If approvers, purchaser are active (not on leave/offline, so no delay) & there is no issue with requisition (SC) PO conversion/creation can be done in a working day.

Where as if there are issues with requisition (SC) like erroneous source of supply, quantity, value issues, approvers or purchaser are not active etc., I have seen PO may get created in more than week time.

Regards,

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

Thanks for your response.

I think the request was born out of the fact that some managers may sit on their shopping carts and not respond, so I need to measure total time from SC submition to PO creation.

Hope this clarifies my question.

Regards

Ian

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In present case, it's difficult to generalize time lines. Though you can send managers reminders to approve those.

Regards

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

I know what you mean, but I was thinking that there must be a table where I can see SC creation date/time with follow-on document (PO) creation date/time.

Regards

Ian

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Txn BBP_PD. There you can find SC details that you are looking for.

Regards,

ian_owen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

I know BBP_PD and can see the time individiually if I go check the SC bus type and PO types, but is there anyway I can  calculate the time automatically from SC creation to PO creation for a given date/time range without having to do this for each one through BBP_PD?

Thanks