cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EWM Cross dock functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As you all are aware, SAP EWM has muliple cross dock types such as TCD/Product/Receipt driven flow through/Opportunistic Cross docking in EWM etc...

But however, configuration guide is only available for EWM-Triggered Opportunistic Cross-Docking.

Can you please share you experience on relevance of various Cross docking methods  as far as EWM for a Distribution Center operations is concerned?

Can I safely assume that extensive use of Merchandize Distribution /Cross dock functionality are mostly relevant with SAP IS-Retail?

From an industry point of view which method is vastly used in general?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

I would say that a primary difference between the planned xdocking (TCD) and unplanned xdocking (opportunistic) is that in the case of planned xdocking you make the decision to xdock certain goods even before they are physically received in you warehouse; in the case of unplanned the decision is made when the goods are received, this decision primarily depending on matters of demand.

I have configured the TCD (both sales and transfer) and am really pleased with it. Indeed I would say that merchandise xdocking is most relevant for retail but I would not put it in the same jar with the opportunistic xdocking in regards of industry.

I would say that in the construction industry and equipment the TCD is highly used.

Concerning the configuration I would say that the SAP Press EWM Processes, Functionality and Configuration should suffice your basic configuration needs for xdocking (for TCD anyway ).

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

TCD is mostly used when the material flows within netwrok [Facilities / Dealers etc].Routes drives the determination of the shipment to be Transportation cross Dock or not.There are configuration and application set up involved to activate transportation cross dock.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sharad / Claudiu Maxim,

Do you have configuration document of TCD ? please share.

Thanks,

Praveen Kulkarni