cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System not starting after upgrading the Kernel... :( (Kernal 720, Patch 300)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, ..

we have recently Installed BI system. for that we have applied new kernal 720-patch 300. After applied the kernal system not starting. in MMC it is showing Sapcpe colud not be started. disp+work & messgae server also same as colud not be started.

i have referred the following note numbers: 1375494, 1402510, 1375494, 1304256, 684106, 1540608. According to Note 1375494 i have applied vcredist_x64.exe for windows server 2008, still the system not coming up.

Environment: windows 2008 with Oracle 11 g. newly installed system.

Please suggest proper Solution: ... Thanks in Advance..

Kishore Chowdhary.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Please could you try again to start the system and update with the logs which get updated during the startup attempt. I expect sapcpe log, dev_disp, dev_w0

These will give us more details on exactly what is causing the issue.

Regards,

Paul

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With 11g you should be using 720_EXT Kernel. What kernel did you have before and was it running?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, just i applied Patch 300 for existing 720 Kernal.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kernel did you use for the installation? was the system runnig after install?

Sapcpe colud not be started

This is usually a sign that the MS Visual C++ is not installed... have you restarted your box after vcredist_x64.exe?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i didnt remember the Kernal DVD materail Number, but it is 720 kernal. After installtion the system was running. for this i applied the kernal patch 300.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I restarted Twice... Stll the System is not coming up..

JPReyes
Active Contributor