cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Updation in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever Database table are fully loaded, how can the PI system be indicated regarding the same. We have about 12-13 description tables and 2-3 data tables. Can anyone please tell me how we can achieve this requirement.

Thanks

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though the question is not clear , I am giving two options as said by Inaki..

1) if you want to  know the tablespace, there are many parameters on DB, which you can query and return it to PI or any other app.

2) if you want to confirm that records are updated/inserted .. then create a stored procedure, make a synch. scenario in PI by using that stored proc. and put the checking logic of table in the stored procedure before return to PI...

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are asking for SAP system (including PI) check the tcode: db02 --> Space --> tablespace --> Overview  and  you can find the Used(%)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansukumar,

We are not talking about SAP table, but we are talking about PL/SQL DB going to be connected to PI.

Anyways, thanks for your reply.

Thanks

Jaya

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Whenever Database table are fully loaded

I don't know exactly what you want to say with this, when the tablespace is full?, when the updation procedure is finish?.

If i suppose the second option:

The problem begins in the moment that the database table can be updated with no know number of records.

From my point of view you have this option:

If you could change the stored procedure,

In this case you can call to SAP PI using a SOAP connection (SAP PI Sender SOAP) when the DB updation end up. If you are using Oracle in the endpoint you can check this link: http://ora-00001.blogspot.com.es/2009/07/calling-soap-web-service-from-plsql-by.html

If you couldn't change the stored procedure, SAP PI can't know when the process is finish then then only way that i imagine is a PI poll that asks how many records has the database, if during X time not change you can think that the process ended up.

If I suppose the first option the endpoint should to report to SAP PI with this problem, the best way that i know is preparing a trigger that throws a stored procedure that calls to SAP PI.

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

You should to tell us how the DB updation is achieve, Does SAP PI updates the tables? is a PL/SQL sored procedure? is a third-party application?. All depends about this procedure, because you can use one adapter or another depending about this and if it's possible to modify the procedure that updates the table or how to know if the load is finished in order to SAP PI check it.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here JDBC adapter is being used. So, if we are using stored procedure then how are we going to achieve this requirement for PI getting updated of DB getting completely loaded. Can you please describe more on that.

Thanks

Jaya