Did you mean: 

Co and by-products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I created BOM for material A with two components:

• MAT B, type - normal
  • MAT C, type - Co-product

and a routing with one operation - assembling.

Then I created and released one SFC for material A.

At my operation I registered one component through "Assembling point"

How can I register my co-product to be produced?

Regards,

Pavel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavel

You can define a component as co- or by-product in the SAP ME BOM but there is no functionality behind these attributes as yet.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, just checked BOM component type (I was thinking of material types) - these are new types in 6.0. Personally I haven't used them yet and as Stuart commented - probably something is planned for these new types in future releases.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Pavel,

You can create a material as a co product in material master only . it is in MRP2 tab procurement title.

OIr assign the material as a co-product in the BOM itshelf.

Assign as a cmponet to the main FG.

When a production order created for FG, a specific propertion of quantity of co-product material can be also be generated. no need of extra production order

example:

you have created production order of 2 for for your FG ( MATA).  and some quanity  maintined for co - product (matc )then at same time in MD04 screen of mat C, a prodcution order has been created and calculated based on BOM quaniity

Regards

Debashis

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

Are you implementing SAP Manufacturing Execution system? If no - you better find a forum that addresses the issues of the product in question.

From the description it doesn't seem so as there are no Normal and Co-product material types in ME. Though Assembly point and SFC are ME terms .

Regards,

Konstantin