Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA Table USLA04 not showing correct information

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am having a strange problem. In table USLA04, I try to check if some single roles are assigned to users in all systems within the CUA range.

And I get the result: no assignment! However, when I use the composite rolew which these single roles belong to, I got lots of assignments in different systems.

I also tried to use the ORG_FLAG (indirect assignment) field and put "C" (Assignment comes from composite role) in it, but still no result.

Could someone help!

Best Regards,
Deming He

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think the relation single(s) -> composite is transmitted to the CUA. So if you assign a composite, that assignment is the only information stored in the central system. The assignment of the underlying single roles is only visible in the relevant child system(s). It's like the profile assignment. If you assign a role from CUA the corresponding profile is never visible in the central system. Only profiles that are assigned directly can be seen in SU01 and table USL04.

Jurjen

P.S. Just tested this, looks like working as designed.

Message was edited by: Jurjen Heeck

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think the relation single(s) -> composite is transmitted to the CUA. So if you assign a composite, that assignment is the only information stored in the central system. The assignment of the underlying single roles is only visible in the relevant child system(s). It's like the profile assignment. If you assign a role from CUA the corresponding profile is never visible in the central system. Only profiles that are assigned directly can be seen in SU01 and table USL04.

Jurjen

P.S. Just tested this, looks like working as designed.

Message was edited by: Jurjen Heeck

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

thanks a lot for your answer and test!

Could be a good reason. But I have also found lots of single role assignments in the system (in the column "Indirect Assignment of the User to the Role", the entry has value "C"). That means they are also assigned to users via composite role assignments and this information is available in the central system.

Deming

0 Kudos

And those assignments are not on the same system/client as the CUA master?

0 Kudos

Just noticed that all of these assignments are in the CUA master system. 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help, Jurjen!