Did you mean: 

Tables SXMSCLUP and SXMSCLUR Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working wiht XI:

Release 640

SP Level 0015

I am planning an Archiving Procedure in SAP XI.

I am using transaction SARA and I found that I need to

archive BPMs workitems from Object WORKITEM and also objects from the integration server from object BC_XMB.

I have checked OSS note 872388 and the links refered on that OSS note.

I need to archive tables SXMSCLUR and SXMSCLUP and I cannot find the Object from SARA to Archive.

When I tried the above option "objects for table" in SARA,it says "no suitable archiving object exits for the table SXMSCLUR and SXMSCLUP.

As refered on help :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f5/d347ddc72274ca2abb0d7682c800b/content.htm

The fastest growing tables are those that contain the application payload in a compressed form.

- SXMSCLUP

- SXMSCLUR

Is there a diferent procedure for those tables ?

Thanks in Advance

Artur Moreira - SAP XI Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artur,

We have the same issue with our SXMSCLUP and CLUR Tables, and as I saw in your message you have done the same things that me, but (for my side) without success.

Did you solve your problem?

How did you solve it?, could you give us some tip.

Thanks in advance, for your help!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Artur--

Try setting up the archiving for BC_XMB, and watch the size of those two tables after the archiving run. When I first set those jobs up a couple of years ago for a customer, I took measurements of table sizes to see which jobs deleted which tables, and the standard message broker archiving job picked up those two tables, among others.

Do make sure to customize the object to automatically fire off the deletion jobs -- in a Usage Type PI installation and some versions of '04, the BC_XMB object has the flag to automatically initiate the deletion jobs disabled by default. (It's strange, our ECC 6 installation had it on for the remote engines, but it was off for the PI central instance...)

Otherwise, if you hit your max archive file size (so that BC_XMB creates 6 or 37 archiving files in one run), you'll only delete the objects from the first one or two archive files, and you may never catch up with your database cleanup.

--Dan King

SAP NetWeaver Integration Architect

Capgemini

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard archiving object is available to archive data from these two tables. You have to do development to archive data from these tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Document :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a23...

=>refers BC_XMB as the Archiving Object.

=> BC_XMB don't have Tables SXMSCLUP and SXMSCLUR. (transaction SARA)

What is the Archiving Object for this 2 tables ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OSS note 761713 refers :

" Processed messages are archived and then deleted in your system. Nevertheless, the size of the SXMSCLUP and SXMSCLUR tables continues to increase "

I am not finding How-to Archive data from those 2 tables. What object to use from transaction SARA ?

Or by using another Archive transaction ? Another Archiving Procedure ?

Or should I delete the entries without Archiving ?

In this case, Why ?

Thanks in Advance for the Help.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artur

Yo need activate Archiving and Deletion Jobs.

To find the relevant jobs, call transaction SXMB_ADM and choose: Administration > Schedule Archiving Jobs

If you using BPM see this notes:

SAP Note 836092: Archiving/deleting work items in the XI

SAP Note 874708: BPE HT: Deleting message persistence data in SWFRXI*

sds

Marco Zerbini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ..sorry, The SAP Note is 761713

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi artur,

You should run report "RSXMB_DEL_CLUST_TABLE" to delete entries from this two tables. For mor information please read SAP Note 761713.

Thanks

Message was edited by:

rakesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link document refers BC_XMB as the Archiving Object for XI.

What is the Archiving Object for tables SXSMSCLUP and SXSMSCLUR ?

Thanks

Artur Moreira

Former Member
0 Kudos