cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap printer device type issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I want to change a DINA4 format of printer.

output is not visible on orignal device type.

whenever i change the device type of printer it gives me correct visible output but the output is not visible on orignal device type.

so i want to generate visible output for dina4 format keeping device type same as orignal device type. i dont want to change device type.

please advise it's very urgent.

Regards,

Gaurav Wani.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have to change the device type, you can simply modify or create a new format under the device type in SPAD

SPAD -> "Full Administration" -> Device Type (tab) -> Search for Device Type -> Format -> and then edit the format / add new one.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Juan,

I have done the same still ouput is not coming..please advice

because same output is coming for printer dn02.

i have copied the device type and page format of printer dn01 to format dina4 of printer dn01.

plzz advice what next to be done.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe simply is the wrong device type for the printer you are trying to use...

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Juan,

when i use the device type of printer dn02 for dn01 then output is coming but when i assigned the device type of printer dn02 for page format dina4 of printer dn01 then output is not coming... i dont understand what is the problem..

can you help me in this case...

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when i use the device type of printer dn02 for dn01 then output is coming

If so, then why don't you use the same device type in dn01?

but when i assigned the device type of printer dn02 for page format dina4 of printer dn01 then output is not coming

I don't understand this....Page format goes together with the Device type?... if the printers use diferent device types (asuming different printers) and the format is not available on the device type for dn01, simply create the format.

Maybe I'm confused, if the printers are the same model then you should use the same device type and hence the same format for output.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

both printers are not same..

we cannot use device type of dn02 for dn01 because of it's dependncy but we want to use it's format only..

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you need to create the format for the device type used by dn01.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

IS THER ANY RELATION WITH PRINTER FONT .. SE73 T-CODE??

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not to my understanding... why do you think its a font issue?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

because i have checked printer fonts for those device  types...

device type of printer dn01 have font courier with size 120 and for dn02 device types they have use many fonts..

and when i carried out sftrace it is showing me message template does not fit into window.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres plenty of threads about "template does not fit into window" issues... Use the search.

Regards, Juan

Answers (0)