Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Check for Group of Customer's

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to perform a credit check for a group of customer's these customers would be created as  different customer codes in the system, hence in my master data if I have created 5 different customer's I need to define a specific credit limit say for ex. 5 lakhs for these 5 customer's hence if I create sales orders using different customer codes the system should check the credit limit as 5 lakhs for these particular customers, can this be achieved as part of standard configuration or this requires any development in the system?

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can assign a credit limit to a group of customers, as well as to an individual customer. If a

company has different branches, you would define the credit limit for just one customer in this

group (the head office) and this customer account then becomes the credit account.

1. 1. To assign a credit account to a branch account, from the Credit Management [Extern]

screen, choose Master data _ Change.

Enter the name of your customer, the corresponding credit control area and select the

Status indicator.

The system displays the Change Customer Credit Management: Status screen.

1. 2. Choose the function Edit _ Change credit account. In the dialog box that appears, you

can enter the credit account (the account number of the customer you are using) to set

the credit limit for the entire group.

After you choose ENTER, the system contains the credit limit of the branch as 0.00. The

Credit account field displays the account number of the customer for which the reference

credit limit is defined.

You can only specify a credit account within a credit control area.

The accumulating total of receivables is recorded both for the reference customer

and the "dependent" customer. However, the system checks only against the

reference customer as to whether the credit limit has been exceeded.

When displaying the credit account, you can view which customers are referenced to

this account. To do this, from the credit account master data screen, choose Edit _

1. Cust. for credit acct.

You have assigned a credit account to a branch account.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for the detailed reply, in Point No 1 2 and 3 I am listing out my requirements, post that I am pasting screen shots for your reference.

1) When you say head office and branch offices the requirement here is that assuming a customer code is created for ABC Company which has its main head office in Mumbai and this company is also located all across the country then in the system as per the requirement of the client say ABC enterprises Mumbai would become the main head office( and a customer code is created for him say 100004)

2) However  ABC enterprises opens another branch say in Chennai we would be creating a different customer code for him in SAP say 100005.(Please let me know if this is correct to map the above process)

3) We would be defining the credit limit for ABC mumbai as 5 lakhs and the same should also be applicable for ABC Chennai where if I enter sales orders for ABC Mumbai and ABC Chennai the system should take into account only 5 lakhs as the credit check

As per your post above.

I have gone to FD32 for the customer defined its credit limit as 5lakhs.

Now in the next screen as per your post, I have gone to the edit button here which code should I enter should I enter 100004 or another code, if I enter the same code the system takes me to the same screen as above and if I enter another code the system says that credit limit not maintained for that particular customer say 100005, would be helpful if you can clarify further

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply I got the same however one last query, in my sales order I have set a simple credit check instead of taking the gross value the system is taking the net value, I have made the required configurations of the credit check.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Its OK, depends on your business requirements you can have the credit value either Net Value or Gross Value.To achieve this just a simple things in your pricing procedure.If you want to calcualte credit at net price you put SUBTOTAL A in the net value line in the pricing procedure and if you want to calculate on Gross Price you just put A subtotal  in front of Gross line in the pricing procedure. 

Please don't forget to close the thread if it is answered to you..:)... else feel free to put your suggestions and doubts.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Attaching a step by step screen shot for your reference,

The first screen shot attached is of FBL5N where there exists some outstanding of the customer.

The next step is for the above customer I have set the credit limit in FD32 for the parent customer and once I do that the system also shows me the receivables.

Next I am assigning the credit limit to the child customer by refering the parent customer through edit change credit account.

Next is I have configured a simple credit check with error message and assigned the same to the document type.

As per your suggestion above I have also assigned A to the gross price in my pricing procedure screen shot attached.

Now for the child customer the total credit limit should be 1,000,000.00-45,041.00(balance in fbl5n) 9,54,959

I am now creating a sales order which has the net value 988,000.00 and after adding the tax the  gross value is 1111559. However the system should give me the message that 988000.00-954959.00= 33041

Screen Shot attached of sales order below

However instead of showing 33041 as credit limit exceded the system shows 133041 screen shot attached. Hence how is this calculation happening appreciate if you could help on the same.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you did a fine job but but after doing all ....have you done F.28 and Recreated FI and SD Data...??

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply can you explain further on the above tcode f.28 its impacts, importance and when does this need to be run and why does it need to be run and is it a one time activity. Also after doing this will the system reconcile the credit difference of Rs 1lakh which I am getting? as explained to you on the above screen shot?

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul Keshav

When ever you make changes in Credit Master Data or in Config you need to carry F.28 So that based on new Master Data or Config system calculate the new limits. This is standard way of doing.

Now Coming to your problem

Suppose you have 3 Customer A B C  and all have same Credit Master Data i.e one Group Master Data, say in your case its A

Now When you will make credit limit in F.32 you just need to maintain for your group customer which is A in your case. Now Suppose you made 100.00 INR to your credit limit.System will behave following ways

if A B C any try to buy more than 100 system wont allow to do so.

if A used 60 INR limit now A or B or C can only use remaining 40 IT wont allow to have more than 40 INR coz A is your Group Customer and 60 INR already in use only 40INR remaining and that can be used by anyone i.e. A, B C.

IF A,B or C try to buy again 100  system will show that you are exceeding limit by 60.

Hope this solves your problem

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

Thank you for your detailed explaination.

In my case as explained to you

Addressing my second issue first.

Customer A( Parent) is having credit limit set as 1,000,000.00 his outstanding balance in Fbl5n is showing as 45,041.00

Now I have referenced Customer B(Child) into customer A using FD.32, and hence his credit limit should be 1,000,000.00-45,041.00=9,54,959.

Hence now when I am creating a sales order using B as my customer my sales order net value has come as  990,000.00 and I have set my credit check as A in my pricing procedure in the net price, hence ideally the system should throw that the credit check has exceeded by 9,90,0000-9,54,000= 35041

However the system shows that the credit limit has exceeded by 1,025,041.00

Addressing my first issue now

In f.28 which customer should i be recreating the FI and SD data is it customer A(parent) or customerb (Child)

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kindly give some attention to Credit UPDATE group and what is dynamic and static check, you will get the answer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

Kindly go through the below Link

http://www.learnsaptips.com/2011/12/one-credit-master-record-fd32-for-group.html

Regards

Shibu Chandran

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Need to understand your requirement in more details.

Why there are 5 different Customer Codes? Are they different Ship To Party or Different Payer? If they are different Sold To / Payer, then what is the Business Requirement to club their Creditt Limit?

Regards,

Amitesh Anand