cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.11 Service Pack Upgrade from SP04 to SP08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are planning to upgrade PI 7.11 from SP04 to SP08 . Does this affect any interfaces which are currently running in production .
DO I need to follow any procedure to make sure that it does not affect currently running interfaces. Do we have any documents related to this.
Any information regarding this will be useful.

Thanks
Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You could see the corrections in this Note 1631887 - ESR,SR,UDDI,MESSAGING related changes in 7.11 SP08

This SP only contains corrections about the errors mentioned inside this note. Normally, a SP with these characteristics doesn't affect negativelly to working interfaces but by my experience i usuallly test different scenarios that could be affected, for example in this note there is a correction about File or JDBC, a simple test in quality system doesn't mean a big effort.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Normally, an upgrade involves regression testing of interfaces as well going through upgrading (& re-testing) DEV, QA and then Prod.

You have to make sure that everything works in an upgraded environment before you upgrade Prod. Even then there is no guarantee because the config can be different in each of the environment. Test, test and test some more...

Regards, Trevor