cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add external device directory in AL11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to access a folder which is in Network Drive(Z Drive - mapped network drive). Z drive is accessible from OS, but I could not able to access the folder in AL11. Please let me know how to resolve this.

DB: DB2

Network drive is also in Windows 2008 platform.

Thanks,

Uday.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I have restarted SAP instance and Server as well but still facing the same issue. Please help me finding out the solution.

Thanks,

Uday.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

Are you able to see this drive in AL11?

Can you please tell me that what user is mapping Shared drive?

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I could create and see directory in AL11 but not able to access. Network drive is mapped with users Administrator, <SID>adm, db2<SID>.

Thanks,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh and Adam,

The path that I have given in AL11 is below

192.168.5.27 - is source system IP

Thanks,

Uday.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh.. I found what you doing wrong there ....

I want you to map those drive with SAPService<SID> account and make sure SAPService<SID> and <sid>adm both account have full access to that drive.

Stop SAP

Restart Servers OR restart SAP Services

then please try again to access drives through AL11.

Cheers,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Let me explain you what I need exactly

Host1: SAP System(192.168.5.26)

Host2: Non-SAP System(192.168.5.27)

Host2 contains dir1, dir2 and these two folders are mapped to Host1(X, Y drives).

I could able to see X and Y drives in OS level with Administrator, <SID>adm, db2<sid>.

SAPserviceSID user don't have remote desktop access. But we have given full permission with everyone for shared folders. Still I'm not able to access in AL11.

Please tell me one thing SAPServiceSID user doesn't exist in host2, how can it access using this user.

Note: Domain has not configured between above two systems.

Thanks a lot,

Uday.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok I got your situation...

You need to create local user on HOST 2 with same password for SAPService<SID> account on HOST 1.

Once you have this setup you can access it through AL11.

Note: Make sure password for SAPService<SID> account on HOST 1 and HOST 2 have same password.

Reason:

SAP system always start with SAPService<SID> account thats why you need access to that folder with this account.

Clear? If not I can explain you more.

Cheers,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

The problem and possible solutions are described in the following note:

Note 117395 - Authorization problems for file I/O on Windows NT

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Thank you so much for your help. I will create as per your suggestion and let you know once id is done.

Regards,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Great help from you, it is working after creating user in host2.

Thanks,

Uday.

0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh ,

Perfect solution, its working thanks...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I have the same requirement to view the network drive in AL11. Since i'm new to this AL11 directory config and even the data transfer [process to the mapped network drive, could you please elaborate the process staring from creating the directory in al11 with all the details to mapping the same to the network drive.

Please help.

Regards,

Ramdas Nair

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

Specify the folder with its UNC path instead of drive letter. Use this form in AL11:

FOLDER_NAME \\hostname\share.

Best regards,

Adam Csaba Gotz

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

... or if the previous won't work, try it this way with IP address of remote host:

FOLDER_NAME \\IP-address\share.

Best regards,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your response. I will try with your proposed solution and let you know the result.

Thanks,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

I did as per your suggestion but still facing the same error.

Error: Wrong order of calls  CALL opendir: Not a directory.

Thanks,

Uday.

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

This shows that share cannot be reached from SAP.

What is the name of the folder and wat is the path what it points to? Attach a screenshot about AL11 where I can see this.

Login with sidadm user to the sap host, attach the outcome of 'net share' and 'cd \\host\share' cd \\ip-address\share' commands (replace \\host with hostname \\ip-address with IP address of remote computer, and \\share with share name of the shared folder).

Also attach a screenshot about properties of share (right click on mounted shared folder - Properties - 'Security' tab.

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

I logged in with <SID>adm and executed following commands as your suggestion

and below screenshot is properties-shared tab

Still facing the same issue.

Wrong order of calls <- CALL opendir(,,..)

Message no. S1204

Please give me the solution.

Thanks a lot,

Uday.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to access share directory through AL11 once you configure your directory to access through SAP you will still not able to access it throu it till....

You turn off SAP instance AND resrtart your SAP services on server OR (Re start entire SAP server)

AL11 accessing share directory through <sid>adm and SAPService<SID> till you resrtart service or server it will not able to read share...

Cheers,

Yogesh

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

The name of the share is saptoob, the unc path is therefore \\192.168.5.27\saptoob.

Check, if it is accessible

- on Windows level, by user omdadm with command 'dir \\192.168.5.27\saptoob'

- on SAP level, via RSBDCOS0 report, with commands 'net share' and 'dir \\192.168.5.27\saptoob'

Attach the result.

Best regards,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response,

If I give the command: 'pushd \\192.168.5.27\saptoob', network drive has been created in omdadm user account.

Now, in SAP level I executed following commands, please see the below screenshot

1. net share

2. dir \\192.168.5.27\saptoob

Hi Yogesh,

Still I need to workout on your suggestion, will let you know the results.

Regards,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I have restarted SAP instance and Server as well but still facing the same issue. Please help me finding out the solution.

Thanks,

Uday.