Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Wildcard characters in tables in S_TABU_DIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is any way to assign authorization groups in se54 to a wide range of tables with similar namespace?

Example:

SAP is generating tables in one transaction which all starts with /BIC/APR000 - /BIC/APR999

The three numbers at the end are random, so the generic format for the tables are /BIC/APRnnn or /BIC/APR*.

I want to restrict users for these tables in SM30.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When assigning authorizations you can assign (for each authorization field) a (list of)

- single values,

- a value interval, or

- a prefixed value (with tailing *), or

- any combination of them

When using a value interval kindly make sure that the interval boundaries are of the same type; do not mix boundaries of different types. Here some examples:

good: 0-9, A-Z

bad: 0-Z, §-&

You have already mentioned an example for a prefixed value: /BIC/APR*

In contrast to the value interval (/BIC/APR000 - /BIC/APR999) that one would also match /BIC/APRABC or /BIC/APR012345.

So, actually the value interval (/BIC/APR000 - /BIC/APR999) is the best choice

Regards, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Thanks, I tried to create a auth group in se54 and use it to assign tables with the name range but u must understand that those tables dont exist in the system, they get generated on the fly.

Can I assign non-existing tables in auth groups in se54 for S_TABU_DIS?

Thanks