cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy text from Material master to Delivery Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a business requirement to add new material groups for the Hazardous materials.

I tried to create it using SPRO --> Logitics - General --> Material Master --> Setting for key fields --> Data relevant for SD --> Define Material groups.

The Description field in the define material group is allowing me to put max 40 chars. but the description the business want to more than 60 chars.

The description business want to put here is Shipping description/text for Hazardus materials.

I am thinking of maintaining the material text in material master and copy it to delivery document. Is there any way i can do this?

Is there any other approch i can follow?

Please advise

Thanks

Venkata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,,

The description business want to put here is Shipping description/text for Hazardus materials.

Information about the material and shipping you can use ext tab in material master so the same text will be copied to sales order line item text and again same will be copied to delivery item.

For that follow the below settings.

• First you can create material group with the mentioned menu path and assign the same to required materials.
  • maintain the required text in individual material master.
  • create sales order , the text will be copied to line item text tab.

If you want further clarification , please let me know.

Regards,

Patchala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already tried that option. I added a sales text to the item and created the sales order but it is coming under the Material Sales text. Is there any way it can come under Delivery text or Shipping Instuction text?

Thanks

Venkata

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto t.code VOTXN and select the delivery ->item text determination procedure. For the delivery text or shipping text, add the text ID that you have maintained Material sales text. Then do testing.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As Shiva Ram already mentioned do the settings in Tcode VOTXN.

• Go to T code VOTXN
  • Select radio button "Item" in sales document and click on "change" button .

• Select your Text procedure and click on Text ID`S in Text procedure.

• Maintain access sequence 21( or create new access sequence with text object VBBP and text type 0001)  to the "delivery text" and remove the access sequence of "material sales text" so text will not come under material sales text.

• Now save the record and test in sales order.

• if you want the same in delivery select the delivery item in VOTXN and follow the same.

If you want further clarification , please let me know.

Regards,

Patchala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is resolved. The text is coming copied to delivery text.

Thank you to Pachala and Shivram

Thanks

Venkata

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Venkata Dhanekula

Copying from material master to delivery is a good idea , but when you say copying it happens from a particular document to another . So why not use the text determination add these two text types such as Shipping description/text for Hazardus materials.to the header wise would be more easy . You could also maintain the sales text in material master .

Regards

JNM