cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB12 - Backup History - Memory low - leave transaction before taking a break!

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Has anyone else had a problem with the increasing long runtime to get the results after you click on "Backup History" in Transaction DB12? Better yet has anyone solved this problem?

Lately I'm taking a full 20 seconds before the Backup History is returned, along with a warning about the Memory low! Leave transaction before taking a Break!

We run 1 - Weekly SQL Full, the other days are Differentials, with Transaction log backups running every 5 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks

Ken H

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use stored procedure "sp_delete_backuphistory".

Please refer to BOL for syntax.

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ratnajit and Franco

I had run this earlier but had left 2 years worth of history. But I still had the problem. So I deleted everything up to 4 months old. Still seems a little slow though, maybe I need to run the stats before testing.

To delete the history I used:

sp_delete_backuphistory @oldest_date = '01/01/2012'

To find out how many rows you have I used:

select count(*) from backupset with (nolock) where backup_start_date < '08/08/2012'

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems the work process which is executing the query for fetching the backup history has gone to PRIV mode meaning the work process has started using the heap memory . Suggest you to cleanup the old logs and also run the cleanup periodically which are no more required .

Regards

Ratnajit