cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Initiators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We have ZZZ and YYY roles in SAP Applications A and B.

We have a condition that except for role ZZZ and YYY all other roles from Application

A or B should follow Initiator 1.

and for role ZZZ and YYY, Initiator 2 should be triggered. and if there is a situation where

a user needs a bunch of roles and ZZZ or YYY are part of the list, then Initiator1 and Initiator 2 both

should start in the same request.

This was working until couple weeks back. Not sure what went wrong, We are

getting Multiple initiators error lately.I tried to figure out if there was any condition

deleted by mistake. But I could not find anything yet.

Present Initiator details:-

Initiator 1

Application A OR

Application B OR

Role        yyy NOT

Role        ZZZ NOT

Initiator 2

Role        YYY OR

Role        ZZZ   OR

If I am starting a request for application A, I am getting multiple Initiator

error [ Initiator 1, Initiator 2]. So I tried placing a 'Application A NOT' on Initiator2,

then its blocking from requesting role ZZZ and YYY by giving 'path not found' error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerti,

I think the condition given for initiator 1 is getting matched with initiator 2 due to which this error is occurring as this can be the only possibility for 'multiple initiator' error.

Check with the conditions given in both the initiators, they should not be the same.

Regards,

Akhil Chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I do not see a matching condition as indicated in the original post. Do u see any?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally figured it out. The operand conditions sequence matters. I had an 'Application, OR'  operand at the end of the list. When I adjusted  the list to have all OR operands at the start of the list it worked.

Thanks for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I forgot to mention the fact that in BRF+ you need to be clever with not only the Operands, but the order of the conditions, as the most heavily met conditions should always be placed at the top as the rules are searched sequentially top-to-bottom in a decision table until a matching decision is met.

This is also true if you have enabled the ability to report all possible values (but for an Initiator, you want an single exclusive result produced for a Specific path, otherwise the initiator will not be able to kick off a request to a path). Reporting all possible values is good for custom agents (i.e. having more than one approver etc).

Hope your issue is fully resolved now, you can probably mark this post as answered now.

All the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only have one exclusive initiator attached to a process. Therefore you need to intelligently map all your possible combination of conditions to the Decision table.

I am sure with the logical use of the Operands (And/Or/Not/Between etc) you should be able to make the single Initiator that will flow the requests to teh paths intended.

All the best.