cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGEN is not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've recently built Sandbox system from existing Production export. After performing post copy steps trying to trigger SGEN but it is not allowing.

-> SGEN - generate All Object -> Select All SW components -> "Application server for Parallel genaration" ==> this is showing the status as RED and not showing Hardware column.

From it is not proceeding further to trigger the SGEN job.

Tried manually triigering the SGEN job, even it is getting completed immediately doing nothing.

Please find the below screen of the SGEN - from here I couldn't able to proceed further.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

I have experienced same problem and solved by following below guide which was prepared by me please take a look and if that does not solve your problem let us know.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2012/07/19/sap-nw-as-abap-703-64-bit-trial...

Kind regards

Said

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Based on the red light against the instance, it looks like your instance profile needs to be re-imported from RZ10 to make sure the system is aware of the correct instance identified.  From RZ10, Utilities -> Import profiles of active servers.  You may need to restart the instance as well for this to update.

Regards,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Said,

Issue resolved with the blog which you posted..!

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Kind regards

Said

Former Member
0 Kudos

SGEN uses parallel processing and for RFC servers need to be properly configured in RZ12. You should have done this necessarily as part of post copy activites !!

Demos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Said,

Can you please enable the blog which describes the solution since its not working?

Kind Regards,

Demos

Demos
Explorer
0 Kudos

the problem in this case was that in transaction secstore there were wrong entries due to the system copy. to resolve it you need to get a migration key from SAP marketplace 

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

For the next time and to run the SAP NetWeaver for private tests I have created a How to Paper at the Amazon market place.

You will find it here:

http://www.amazon.de/How-Setup-Netweaver-Trial-Version-ebook/dp/B00IOT6HVA

Best regards from Berlin

Matthias

0 Kudos

Hi Said,

I am unable to access your guide and ending with below error.

Not Found

The item does not exist. It may have been deleted.

It would be great if you can make it accessible. Thanks in advance.

Bast regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also would be glad to find the solution which Bharath mentioned. Link stopped working a time ago and it is still a trouble for such beginner as me in terms of SAP Netweaver. Use of SGEN tcode would save much of time but I'm unable to do this at the step with red light popping up. I would be grateful for any help or just reactivating this link.

Best regards

Jakub B

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

please run report: RS_TT_CLEANUP_SECSTORE this will fixe this issue. Transaktion SE38.

Best regards from Berlin

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Matthias for troubleshooting. It worked for me.

Best regards

Jakub Bienkowski

tsenol
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It worked in my case too.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also please check the table SERVTYPE , if this table has obsolete entries , delete them . Then try to run SGEN again.

Regards

Ratnajit