Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Access Control 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I need help,

Before the GRC 10.0, profiles/roles were created in ECC 6.0 (PFCG) and after synchronized in GRC.

In AC version 10.0 I will create profiles on the ECC ? or direct in  AC 10.0?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member541582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

Same as 5.3. In GRC you don't maintain profiles, but roles. You can either choose to maintain the authorizations for the roles directly in GRC box, or call the backend (new PFCG session opens).

Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vit,

Thanks for you help...

you know, is possible create role  composite in ERM ? or only single role ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martha,

You can create various kind of roles from ERM.

Composite, Business , single roles etc.

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

ERM has the capability to define four types of Roles mainly.

1. Single Role - It is also known as a techincal role which can be created or defined in the ERM. Also, we can import it from backend system.

2. Derived Role - It is derived from the Master Role, which is a single role.

3. Composite Role - It is collection of no. of Single Roles which is created for a specific Landscape.

It consists of similar type of roles.

4. Business Role - It is a Role which is defined on the basis of a Business process. It does not have a physical idnetity, but it is incoporated in ERM to club the no. of Single and composite Roles of different Landscapes.

Hope this explains your query!

Regards,

Saksham

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can create roles.

easy way is make roles of every type then download the excel and in the same format add as many as you can then upload it to GRC.

There is option of export in ROLE management .

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is my understanding that roles and profiles will still be maintained in your backend systems and synched to GRC.However, you can access PFCG for your various backend sytems from GRC.

I think ERM (Enterprise Role Managment) in GRC 5.3 was headed in the direction of maintainig roles in GRC rather than backend systems, but that turned out to be a terrible idea. So SAP changed their aproach in GRC 10. This is all based on my memory of what I heard at the GRC 2012 conference back in March, so it could be a load of baloney.

Krysta