cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Connection string using .Net Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to develop the sample Web application as given in the .Net Connector pdf. To add a proxy, I am using Server Explorer...Add Application Server.. I need to enter Hostname of Sap Server, Client Number etc. From where can I get this information as per my local setting. I mean how the connnection string will be constructed?

Please Help

Moved post to .NET Technologies

Message was edited by: Mark Finnern

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that the PDF you mention is intended for SAP .NET Connector Version 1.0. For 2.0 the documentation is contained as Visual Studio integrated help.

The connection parameters in the dialog box you mentioning is the same you usually use to connect to SAP. Please ask your administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed the SAP WAS 6.4 on Windows 2003, which installed J2EE engine, MAXDB and Net Weaver. I feel this is sufficient to develop a sample Web Applicatin in Dotnet. Now how to configure the connection string. When I select Add Application Server, it asks for the some logon information to generate the string. I want help to enter this information.

All applications are installed on the same machine.

Thanks

Sneha

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that SAP WAS 6.40 is available in two flawors: ABAP and Java (and also both). SAP .NET Connector is intended only for ABAP. If you want to communicate with Java, you best use WebServices.

In the case you have installed ABAP WAS, you should be able to connect with the following settings:

Custom Settings

ApplicationServer: localhost

SystemNumber: 0 (typically, check WAS documentation)

UserName: Check documentation, could be "SAP*".

Password: Check documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I have WAS 6.4 with Java. But can I get SAP WAS 6.4 with ABAP. By default evaluation copy of WAS 6.4 on Windows 2003 installed the Java version.

I also tried to search WAS 6.2 with ABAP on windows, but could not find the download link.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if you can download it, but you can order it in the SAP Knowledge Shop.

https://pgwshop.sap-ag.de/scripts/wgate/ww20/?theme=66&okcode=start&zzkunnr=1040875&selected_area=1&ostore=doku02en&language=en&login=ITS-ww20-01

-> General -> NetWeaver -> WAS -> 6.20.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I will have look at the link and keep you posted.

Thanks

Sneha