cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language error after Migration of objects from XI 3.0 to PI 7.3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alle,

I have this problem. After upgrade PI/XI to 7.3, when I start ESR  I get the same error:

You are using the default profile. Business modeling is not possible. Change your business profile to be able to use business modeling.

When I try to change profile from change filter setting -> Change usage profile -> there is just a default profile.

When try start desige objects I get this error:

Original language Danish for current object collides with permitted

display or editing languages EN; contact your system administrator

And I cannot made any change on my object I have this massage :

Display opration Mapping (objects in component cannot be changed because the original language is not default).

Any Idea how can solve this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ESR SCV --> Definition --> Set to English.

And

Change in Exchange Profile by the url  http://<host>:<port>/exchangeProfile

Exchange Profile --> IntegrationBuilder --> com.sap.aii.ib.client.login.languages --> set to EN

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for reply, I did change languages for exchangprofile, but I have still thsame problem.

When I want edit any object from  "Design Objects". I get this error, Invalid language Configuration.

display or editing languages EN; contact your system administrator

Thanks

Reza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reza,

Sudhansu made 2 suggestions. You only mentioned trying the second one. Did you try the first one whereby, in the ESR, you edit each of the SWCV versions and change the default languages and save.

Then if you try to edit any of your design objects, they should be fine.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for reply,

No I did not try that, Can you guid me with some explanation,

Where on ESR I can change default language for swcv version?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reza,

In the repository (where you are trying to edit the design objects), the objects are in a tree structure starting with software component --> software component version --. namespace --> different types of design objects. Double the software component version node, there you will see default language. Change it to English and save. Open your underlying design object again & then try editing it again.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks and for help.

It is work now

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to check this setting..

Go to ESR -> tools -> Personal Settings -> General -> choose english for the preferred language for objects.

otherwise go to Administration link -> exchange profile parameters -> login client option->  and choose display option english over there.

See that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

I had done this befor  "ESR -> tools -> Personal Settings -> General -> and language is English",

But I still  get this error:

display or editing languages EN; contact your system administrator.

This installation is a upgrade from a old system and we had no danaish lanuages install there. So it is strange I get this error. I get this error when I want edit my object.

Thanks.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Server level you have to change profile ,check with your basis team.

Regards,

Raj