cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supressing the Prompts from BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using XI 3.1 and creating a Universe and Source is SAP BW. The BW Query has some prompts at their end and when i am trying to create a ad-hoc report i get these prompts in my report. Is there anyway i can hide these prompts not to show up at the report?

Thanks, Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Open the Universe in Designer and switch to Filters radio button (at bottom) ,find your filter (double click it to get to Definition) and un-check "Use Filter as mandatory in query".

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks George, Also i noticed that when i was trying to use this BW prompts in BO it did not filter the data at all. Is this a known issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm assuming these are Webi reports, give us more info on the BEx variables. You may want to test this on the latest patch SP5 + FP5.2.

I have not seen this issue for a long time. Can you enable the MDX trace KB 1380517 (just implement step 2 and 19) and do it on the client if Webi Rich shows same issue. The mdx_sap_query.log file will have the MDX statement, run it in MDXTEST to see if same issue on BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

we are on BOE XI 3.1 SP3 FP 3.6 and SAP Integration kit XI 3.1 SP3 and FP 3.6. Also i am creating Webi Rich client report and have got the MDX query and ran it in the MDXTEST and it does not do the filtering in SAP BW 7.0.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Also refer SAP Note  1455795 for your reference.

Regards,

Nakul Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nakul