Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi-level configuration with special procurement

jeremy_peckham
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is anyone using a multi-level configuration structure where the sales order material in the delivering plant has special procurement key to create a stock transfer from the manufacturing plant, and the BOM exists only in the manufacturing plant?  I am wondering if  anyone has implemented this, particularly in ECC 6.0?  As it is, the sales configuration process will not continue into the manufacturing plant BOM structure, and procedures in config profiles of those lower level items are not executed.  In other words, is it possible to have a multi-level configuration directed by a special procurement key to use a BOM structure in another plant?   What is necessary to achieve this?  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy/Ritesh,

It is possible to have the above functionality if you have the special procument key maintained in the material master.

Jeremy,

Please read note 700179.

"" To do this, you must set the value from  GV_CHANGE_PLANT_ALLOWED to 'X' in include LCUKOFCP.

LCUKOFCP. For this purpose, Note 396908 must be implemented. If this indicator is set, the plant

change for the result-oriented order BOM is carried out. If the plant change is also supposed to occur for configuration profile "Multilevel planning/production" is supposed to occur, you must

additionally activate the following:

- for plant changes with lower components: the user exit from Note 494500,

- for plant changes of the header material: the BAdI implementation from Note 577506.

Hope this helps.

Regards Amber

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Amber in correcting my reply.

If the header level configuration is capable enough to carry all values for selection of lowest level configuration it will work, also all the configurable materials and there respective configuration profile need to be maintain.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jeremy_peckham
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Amber and Ritesh for your replies.   To clarify: in a situation where we have configuration profiles on component materials in the supplying plant, will the implementation of the notes mentioned allow the procedures in that component configuration profile to be processed in the sales order?  In other words, should I expect to see that when I display the configuration structure in the sales order line?...just like when I am delivering directly from the supplying (manufacturing) plant, I can see the whole multi-level config structure. 

In this situation, we are using APO and are limited in the use of low-level configuration, and are relying on high-level config to complete the value assignments of the components.   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy,

Yes, in ERP you will. You should be able to explode the BOM and use the configuration profile. Configuration profiles are not plant dependent anyways so it should be taken into account as long as the bOM is setup correct to explode. You need to check the notes that needs to be implemented as the code is different for different levels and profiles.

As APO, Variant configuration is not fully integrated in SCM systems so I am not sure how it works in SCM system. I have no idea honestly and have never checked it in SCM system.

I would suggest create a thread in SCM forums, may be an expert in SCM would be able to help.

Regards

Amber

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeremy Peckham,

In stock transfer order it may not work , if you manage to create a purchase order in supplying plant it may work.

try it out using sand box.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Ritesh