cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does SAP Provisiong Framework support AS Java with UME-ABAP-Backend?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an AS Java system where the UME is connected to an AS ABAP - so it's not technically a DUAL-Stack system (different SIDs, different hostname), but maybe the DUAL-Stack templates work fine for this constellation. In theory it's a mixture between AS Java-LDAP-Backend and a DUAL-Stack system.

Now I'd like to know how I should configure

a) the repository

b) the Initial Load-Jobs

and if / under which circumstances it's basically supported in SAP PF.

I'm on IdM 7.2 SP05 in my development environment.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will be managing the roles all in 1 location (the abap system) then you can treat this dual stack system as an AS ABAP Only stack.  However, if you will be managing the roles and/or users separately then create the repository as a dual stack.

For the initial load jobs, if you choose dual stack, you will want a dual stack initial load to run.  There might be some customization needed to tweek it to your individual scenario, but for the most part it should work pretty well just as it comes from the template.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you said it's a good starting point, but I think the Dual-Stack Initial-Load Template still misses:

a) ReadJavaDBUsers

b) ReadASJavaGroups & BuiltInGroups

c) and the corresponding UserToGroup/GroupToGroup etc. Passes

So it's still some work to do.

In my experience such a near-dual-stack constellation is often seen (at least) in BW-environments. I don't know why it isn't supported by templates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you're correct.  It doesn't fit most scenarios exactly.  Some of these passes can be copied out of the standard NW AS-Java Initial Load job, but you'll probably have to tweak it.  Dual stacks are a pain.

Answers (0)