cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding sections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have  a report in WebI. In that i have applied sections. Sometimes  the block underneath the sections doesn't have values. So i have hidden the blocks using the "Hide when Empty Property" in format table.

Now Similary the i want to hide the corresponding section also as there is no block related to it.For this similarly i used the "Hide when empty property" in format section. But no luck.

Also once i have checked the box for hide when empty in format section and next time when i come back to format section i find it unchecked.

So any solution to this or any other alternative to achive this.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member

Hi Ronny,

Do the following steps..

1) Right Click on the  cell(section) and Go to Hide=> Select Hide When Formula.

2)Enable the check box when the following formula is true

3)inside the formula use the function isnull([obj name]) .

obj name must be the object that you have used in the block(which makes the block empty/no value).

(or)

you can apply the filter on object with is not null option..( so that separate section will not occur)

Regards

Subbarao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronny

Right Click on section -->Format Section-->Check ("Hide when following formula is true")

Use this formula:

=(Count([Key Figure])=0)

[Key Figure] --> Any key figure you are using in table.

Thanks

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simply right click on section -> choose hide when... & apply following formula:

=IsNull(object)

Thanks,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

In 4.1, SP5, patch 1, you have the option, when you format your section, to hide section when the following are empty, then in the drop-down list, you can specify the block which holds your detail data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Use " Hide When Empty" and also " Hide with formula true" and in that formula filteriut NULL values...This should help..

Thanks

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronny,

If I am understanding your issue correctly:

You want to hide a section which has a value in it but the block corresponding to it has no values.

For eg. You have a section on Country(US,UK) and the block for US has data but for UK there is no dataa nd you want to hide the whole section for UK.

If this is right..

Then I would suggest to create a variable at report level. For eg. if the combination of all the objects lets say region,sum(revenue) for Country is NULL than 1 else 0. and apply the filter at report level for 1 instead of block or section level.

Thanks

Gaurav

christian_key2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronny,

I had the same problem myself and have found out how to resolve it.

To hide a section where the data in the section is null you need to apply a filter on the data at the report level, not the section or table level if you had a table in your section.

In Infoview (which is Webi in a web browser, usually displayed in HTML):

1. Go into Edit mode

2. In the left pane click on the 'Document Structure and Filters' button

3. Add a new filter at the report level (not on the section or the table) to filter the null data out

Your report should now only show you the sections that actually contain any data.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a filter at the section/block level but i do have a filter at the page, level . Is that also a problem while hiding sections without data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronny

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=699763

please refer the above link. Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there any solutions to this..the problem i have written in the above post.I am trying to supress the sections in which the related block empty.I can hide the block but the sections is not supressed.

Can anyone suggest a formula which can be written in "Hide when following formula is true"  option in format section.

i tried using Isnull on the dimension in the block. But it didn't worked.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ronny,

can you please specify which version you are talking about

thanks

Simone

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For XI 3, these may help:

KBA 1199425 - https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1199425

- ADAPT00427988 was closed as "by design" so the workaround is to Uncheck the table property show empty row for the table that is in the section you're attempting to hide.

KBA 1366811 - https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1366811

- If you're using filters on the block itself, WebI is unable to hide the section that contains the block.  I'm not sure if this feature has been introduced in BI 4.0,but it is a product limitation in XI 3.

I hope that helps,

Carly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone

I am using SAP  BO 4.0 SP2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carly,

I tried opening the links which you have mentioned but they are not opening up.

I am able to hide the block which is empty, i also want to hide the related section to it.Because when there is no vlaue related to that section don't want to show a empty section in the report.

Thanks,

Ronny.

former_member309630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronny ,

for this...

once i have checked the box for hide when empty in format section and next time when i come back to format section i find it unchecked.

can u try this  .

1) first create a report and apply section

2) right click on section select  format section enable " Hide when empty "

3) go to the Document properties enable permanent regional formatting .

4) check it.

i hope this will helps to you.

Regards

DSP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey DSP

Thanks for the reply,I tried it , but nothing happened, and in format section "hide when empty" is still again unchecked.

thanks.