Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Unx over Relational Connection, with SSO & BW Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

i seem to be cornered.

I am sourcing data from an SAP BW 7.3 to my BI 4.0 SP4 (Feat Pk 3)

after realizing BICs data source does not handle drill downs in webi, i was given the option to create a hierarchical model for the drill down, or use a universe. I am trying with a universe, using the IDT.

i have created my BW "relational connection", built the "foundation" and the consequent "universe". here i managed to build my custom scope of analysis for my drill down. all works well and running a test query is good.

when used the universe for my webi, i realized i needed to pass a parameter to the universe as i was using SSO, and need to filter the data appropriate to the user. here is where the problem starts.

unlike BICs where i can use a query, and an authorization variable, with a relational connection, i cannot access anything other than cubes, dso's, and characteristics. it seems i cannot access queries. AM I RIGHT IN THINKING THIS ?

if so, how can i implement SSO security, ultimately to the source of the relational connection. in my case, it is a multi-provider.

thanks in advanced

g

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are thinking right,  the BW-SQL multisource drivercan not surface/consume BEx Queries.

You can enforce security, via the Security Editor in IDT :

a) Business Profiles (to deny display of certain objects in query and reports i.e. Columns)

b) Data Security Profiles (to deny display of certain data values in the resultset i.e. Rows)

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi henry, does your 2 options lever any of the SAP authorizations defined using transaction RSECADMIN ?

ta

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's no native integration between the 2, but they can coexist (one as a superset of the other).

Regards,

H

glen_spalding
Participant
0 Kudos

hi henry, so ... just to be clear, neither the IDT or BOBJ Profiles can explicitly use, in any manner, the BW Authorizations ?

ta

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Profiles don't work with the Roles concept (auths) .  however, you do import Roles into CMC > users.

Your SAP user is then used to authenticate BI apps, as well as the STS service being used for SSO during runtime.

The SSO connection string is then used in the IDT connection to restrict which Catalogues can be accessed at source.

Regards,

H

Answers (0)