cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Assignment to Portfolio Items and cProjects Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I trying to allocate for a Portfolio Bucket item/initiative level which in turn the budget should flow to projects allocated in turn.

I require help in how can I allocate budget. What are all the possible ways and how it is to be done. Whether any setting I have to do in SAP R/3 PS. How can make the Budget to flow from Bucket Item/initiative to Projects.

Please clarify in above issues at the earliest. If any clarification required in this issue please inform.

Regards,

Vijay Kumar S M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In SAP PPM 5.0, we can transfer the budget value from item to the assigned project in SAP PS.

The other way, budget from SAP PS to SAP PPM is also possible.

The relevant configuration for financial cost integration will be required for same in SAP PPM.

But the budget flow from bucket to item or initiative is not posibble as standard. Instead, the budget of the items or initiatives will be drilled up to bucket.

Hope it is helpful.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for reply..

that was useful answer.

But I want in detailed what are all details steps to be followed to map both types of Budget flow.

Like from item to Projects type and from PS integration.

Also kindly give cofig steps to follow financial cost integration.

Expecting your Help in above queries..

Thanks

Vijay Kumar S M

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The below configurations will be required:

For a particular portfolio, you have defined the required Transfer Type in Customizing for SAP Portfolio and Project Management under Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing -> Portfolio-Dependent Settings -> Define Portfolio Types.

In the Define Financial View subview, you have defined the Amount Type for Transfer and CO Version fields for a particular financial view in Customizing for SAP Portfolio and Project Management under Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing -> Portfolio-Independent Settings -> Define Financial and Capacity Views.

For a portfolio item type, you have defined the link to Project System in Customizing for SAP Portfolio and Project Management under Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing -> Portfolio-Independent Settings -> Define Portfolio Item Types.

Please check Release Notes SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0 in service marketplace for details.

Cheers

Amit

Answers (0)