cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed Qty based Discount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a scenario like below in the Customer Discount.

This will apply(effect) at the time of Order Booking.

MonthDiscount
For Aug-2012If Aug-12 month Invoiced Quantity is more than 10000 LT ----- Discount will be:  Rs. 5/LT

If Aug-12 month Invoiced Quantity is more than 12000 LT ----- Discount will be:  Rs. 4/LT
If Aug-12 month Invoiced Quantity is more than 13000 LT ----- Discount will be:  Rs. 3/LT
If Aug-12 month Invoiced Quantity is more than 14000 LT to 99999 LT ----- Discount will be:  Rs. 2/LT

I tried with Rebate. But the above discount system is not working.

Pl. help to achieve this.

I done the following configuration.

Define Condition Type Groups

Define Condition Types

Define Access Sequences

Assign Condition Types/Tables To Condition Type Groups

Assign condition type groups to rebate agreement types

Agreement Created.

Regards,

Sarran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elango,

As per the Scenario you can maintain the Discounts based on Scales in Condition type.

At the time Order system picks the discounts based on the scales.

In T.code VTFL maintain the Pricing type as A- Copy price components and redetermine scales under ur Item Category.

Based on this the system picks the discounts in invoice Qty.

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan,

I was just going through the thread, What I could understand is that, Customer should get an discount 5/ltr if he achives the sales 10000 LTR during a particular month (please correct me if my understanding of your explanation is wrong).

Solution:

• First we need to accumulate the quantity which customer has lifted during a particular month.
  • Secondly if the quantity is fulfilled within a given range then applicable discount should be applied.

To accumalate the quantity of all the invoice we can define an new infostructure to store these values and write a routine against the discount condition type so that, If the invoiced quantity is equal to applicable discount then the this discount condition type should be triggered.

I could see that there is little complex logic we need to write to achieve this.

Regards

MShetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  MSheytty,

Yes, you are correct.

We are having

Infostructure     :S757

Condition Type: ZIMR

How to link the Info structure into routine.

Pl. help me.

Regards,

Sarran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan,

I am extremely sorry, I am not that techie to give you more inputs in terms of coding, One sugestion would be catch hold of a good abaper give him the functional input. So he will be able to help you.

Cheers..

Regards

MShetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan,

If it is not possible through Routine, Use exit in Sales Order for the same.

Regards

MShetty

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Just for clarification... are you are providing discount/invoice or providing discount at the month end for total invoiced quantity?

Regarding rebates... these agreements are created for definite periods, also the condition are activated at every individual invoice and accrual amounts get updated in the respective rebate agreements. So when customer makes the payment you settle the accrual amount in the rebate agreement.

As your requirement is to provide discount at every invoice, I suggest you should use manual discounts while billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit Saxena,

Thanks for your reply.

We are providing the discount/invoice.

And manual discount not possible since we have a many plants.

Pl. help me how to handle scale discount based on (full month) sales qty.

Regards,

Sarran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Please create a QUANTITY discount condition type,standard K005.

Now in VK11, click on the ICON , SCALES...There please maintain

FROM 10000...............5 Rs PER 1 UOM

FROM 12000...............6 Rs PER 1 UOM

FROM 14000...............8 Rs PER 1 UOM....etc.

When you create SO the Condition record will pick depending on the fulfillment of Access Sequence,

My idea is do not use Rebate Settlement for this requirement as Rebate is used to settle the discounts at the end of a time period and not for every invoices. It has an accrual feature.

Preferably use Condition Type and create the Access Sequence to suit your requirement.

Regards.

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram,

Our requirement is

01-Aug-12 == 1st Order  === 5000 LT = Dis Rs. 5/LT

01-Aug-12 == 2nd Order === 4000 LT = Dis Rs. 5/LT  (5000LT+4000LT)

02-Aug-12 == 1st Order  === 6000 LT = Dis Rs. 4/LT  (5000LT+4000LT+3000LT)

03-Aug-12 == 1st Order  === 10000 LT = Dis Rs. 3/LT  (5000LT+4000LT+3000LT+10000LT)

I tried scale discount with normal Condition Type, it is working for current order level only not full month (Aug-12)level.

And I checked/created with Rebate Agreement Condition Type for the above.

Here also not working. And all discount needs immediate effect at invoice, not through payment/credit memo / debit memo.

I'm new to rebate, pl. help me.

Regards,

Sarran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shiva Ram,

Thanks for your reply.

Pl. clarify, Scales Discount mean, in Rebate Agreement Condition Type or Normal Discount Condition Type.

And Our requirement (Scale) is based on per month Purchasing quantity.

Also we need to give the discount immediately through Billing Price (MRP-Discount=Billing Price).

For Eg:

If Sales Order booking on 05-Aug-12, then discount system is

01 Aug-12 to 04-Aug-12 Invoiced Quantity is more than 10000 LT -----Dis-Rs. 5/LT

01 Aug-12 to 04-Aug-12 Invoiced Quantity is more than 12000 LT -----Dis-Rs. 4/LT

Pl. help me.

Regards,

Sarran

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl. clarify, Scales Discount mean, in Rebate Agreement Condition Type or Normal Discount Condition Type.

It is with related to Normal discount type. However you can also use with rebate condition type.

And Our requirement (Scale) is based on per month Purchasing quantity.

You need to explain this a bit more here on how the sales works. For example, when first order for 5,000 LT, there is discount. Then if second order comes with another 5,000 LT, then a discount of Rs.5/LT needs to be applied in the second order (discount of Rs. 25,000). Is this correct assumption?

If you want to use discount type, then this sales value needs to be captured from either LIS info structure or you need to use a Z-table to capture the value. Then using a calculation routine, the base value from Z-table is to be read and then the discount value can be calculated for the condition type.

If you use rebate, then each much you need to create a rebate condition type, with validity period of one month. You can develop a BDC program to create the rebate agreements in mass for a customer, with one month validity periods.

Regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use scales in the discount condition to fulfill this requirement.

Normally if the quantity of the purchase is more, the customer will get more discount, however in your scenario, it is the reverse the case. So you may need to use descending Check Value in the condition type.

Regards,