Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live cache COM routine error 189

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

this is in a totally new APO system SCM 7.02.  Live cache is set up at 7, build 12

All the initial configs are done. We are getting error as "COM ROutine call with system error 189 in Live cache". We looked at /sapapo/om10 to determine the return code meaning but not able to make out what it relates to. This is happening when we are selecting product location combinations in shuffler and loading to planning book.

we performed consistency checks in OM17,(with all options) there are no errors

we the ran other consistency checks with repair option but that also shows no error.

we finally recylced the Live cache , but we still get same error.

can anyone tell what could be the problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think the issue comes from note 1485759. Please upgrade your liveCahce to liveCache 7.0 LCA Build 15 or higher, following this note 1485759 and note 1485086.

Best Regards,

Ada

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue mentioned in 1485759 is not relevant for us at this point of time as it is a totally new system, we are getting this error while accessing product-location combinations in the shuffler for the planning books.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Because note 1485759 has introduced new parameters when calling up liveCache routine -- the corresponding liveCahce routine is able to receive these parameters only in liveCache 7.0 LCA Build 15 or higher. Otherwise the liveCahce routine and ABAP coding will not be compatible.

There's not any issue with your master or transactional data -- it's only relevant to program.

Best Regards,

Ada

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

We have another landscape with 7 , build 9  , its working fine there in the production environment we never got this error .

But in Build 12 we are getting this errror, our support pack is at level 7 for 7.01 in the new landscape, one more thing i want to notify is that the number of work processes is showing as zero 0 while doing a check in /sapapo/om13. Do you see any problem with that.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not working on liveCache, so sorry that not sure about your //OM13 question.

But upgrade to liveCache 7.0 build 15 is a general solution to this COM error 189 issue -- especially when you 're on SAPKY70107 or higher, since note 1485759 is introduced with this SP level. You can check whether you have this note in your another landscape ...

Not sure why you keep on asking all these questions without trying liveCache upgrade, which will do no harm to your system.

Best Regards,

Ada

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

This issue is now resolved, we upgraded our live cahce to build 20.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashfaq Ali,

First, delete time series of planning area

second, check time series consitency

Third, check liveCache consistency

Create time series of planning area again

that's all

hungth

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error 189 means  invalid I/O node selection. Currently your livecache build is 12. To solve the error please upgrade livecache build to 15 or higher.

Claire

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you explain what invalid I/O node selection means in this context of Live Cache. Is it any way related to CVC or any other application object of APO. As this is a totally new landscape I will have to explain why build 15 is needed, (for approvals), what is the latest build for live cache in 7 release?

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to transaction SNOTE to check if note 1485759 has been in your system or not, if so then you need to upgrade livecache build to 15 or higher. I also

documented this in 1750516

Claire